Playing on 2000 nexus

Samlovell

Potential to be playing on 2000 nexus soon, 3 of to be percise, and to a crowd.

Got XDJ 1000's at home so I think I'm familiar with the layout etc...

Is there anything else I need to know?? Don't really want to mess up hah.

Also anything else I should know about playing via output aka speakers, I use headphones at home for practice,

Thanks in advance

@Gloxxy Yeah

not new to the mixing scene so I'm fairly confident

Or maybe I shouldn't be? hah

Just haven't played for a crowd before is all, just practicing myself

but I know the tunes I wanna play and what order, what pitches, what cue points etc

@Gloxxy Yeah

but I know the tunes I wanna play and what order, what pitches, what cue points etc

dont think about this too much.. just go there and mix what you feel the crowed are feeling.. never plan to much! just enjoy yourself.

@Gloxxy Yeah

Ok. The first thing that will grab your attention when you start your set on a big rig is how much harder it is to cue and beatmatch. You have to be weary of whether there is a delay on the system.

I've played at Soul:ution at Band On The Wall in Manchester and there's about a 1/4 second delay from what you hear in your headphones to what comes out of the monitors on stage which can be a challenge to mix on.

Like Tony has said above, enjoy yourself. Plan the first few mixes then after that have a look at if the crowd are feeling your selection. If they are then fire away at your planned list, if not, then plan some alternative tunes that can take your set in a different direction.

The biggest part of being a DJ is not the technical ability of using decks and a mixer but reading the crowd and making sure your selection is on point.

Back
Top Bottom