played on some technics for the first time...

danfreeman1

VIP Junglist
cant see what all the hype is about, tbf they were only mk2s, but there is no way i am buying a pair now.

my vestaxs seemed to have so much more power...they are very different to mix with.

did anyone else find playing on technics for the first time weird?

Vestax are completely different decks.

Massive torque, immediate start-stop, different mixing techniques. You touch the platter or spindle on a Vestax - its laughs at you.

15 years on 12's and a tuntablist - If you are looking to play out mate bare in mind that 99% of places have 12's as standard.

They haven't remained unchanged for over 20 years for no reason..

Peace

J Science

yeah, i was just suprised at how different they were.

i dont think they were in the best of condition either, which didnt help.

p.s i have a hd tv and i like it a lot

i played on a pair the other day..it got annoying that it stopped spinning everytime i touched the platter..i think they where broken though

Technics are solid and do the job. Every club has them because they were around two decades ago and have stood the test of time. Doesn't mean they're the best around currently, because they're not. There are a couple of decks around that make Mk5 2s look like Gemini belt-drives and cost half the price of Technics but that doesn't mean Technics are bad - it just means there are much better decks out there.

Technics are solid and do the job. Every club has them because they were around two decades ago and have stood the test of time. Doesn't mean they're the best around currently, because they're not. There are a couple of decks around that make Mk5 2s look like Gemini belt-drives and cost half the price of Technics but that doesn't mean Technics are bad - it just means there are much better decks out there.

yeah, the only reason i would buy a set of technics is because i know that every club is going to have them...

anyway i cant afford technics, so it doesnt really matter lol

We have a pair of Technic 1210s (heavily modded by myself), a pair of Stanton ST150s, and a pair of Citronic PD45s.

The Citronics are my favourites :)

ive never played on technics, only stanton and sony(love the sonys believe it or not)..... but feel free to change this by donating a pair to the DJ Dirty Pimp foundation registered charity No. 366353892. all donations will be welcome, apart from a steaming shit in a bag.

I've got used to the pitch bends and that on my pair of vestax pdx2300 mk2s. Ive never mixed on technics and am quite worried about using them in a club!

I've got used to the pitch bends and that on my pair of vestax pdx2300 mk2s. Ive never mixed on technics and am quite worried about using them in a club!

just get a flight case an bring em with ya!lol
plonk em down on top of da technics!:D

my advice would be practise on them first, i used them in a club for the first time and it was well different...

it was a wednesday night and only a few mates were there so it didnt make any difference, but it took me about 15 minutes before i could double drop anything, even then it was shakey as fuck

I H8 Vestax. i think they look sloppy too. they look like little toys lol. tried pair once and hated them. U cant beat 1210's. As soon as u get used to technics ull neva look bak!!

i Guess its down to personal preferance

I never need to touch any platter, as long as it has a pitch control I'm fine.

Vestax, Technics, CDJ

...my penis.

It's all about the pitch control.

Im sure some of you already now... but i own Vestax PDX2000 Mk2 Pros..... ABSOLUTLY INSANE DECKS!!!

Your right about Technics not quite cutting the mustard.... after having and using Vestax alot.... Technics are soooo much easier to mix on.... Vestax are very unforgiving...... you make a slight mistake, its all over you.....

VESTAX ARE THE BEST!! GET TO KNOW!!

Technics are industry standard because they are about as solid as Mount Everest. You knock them about and they just stare right back at you...... this and they have a reasonably decent motor means that every club wants them...... if you where a club owner you would want them decks to last as long as possible wouldnt you??

Vestax on the other hand..... insane electronics..... cant beat the motor, cant be the precision of the pitch fader......... but they arent built very solid...... well.... the old ones wernt anyway.

VESTAX!!!!

Back
Top Bottom