Playaz considering pressing vinyl again.

Probably makes sense considering the disgust at not pressing the Hazard EP.

Time Tripping should be pressed to vinyl IMO.

Will be quite funny if Hazard's last EP now isn't pressed to vinyl. But Playaz not pressing was the clincher for me in moving to CD's - not that I was very loyal to vinyl anyway

Realistically these days, to keep up as a dj you gotta be digital

to keep up? what are you talking about man? sorry, but this is the biggest load of shit i've heard in a long time. this isn't a race of some kind.

now, i won't go into what dj-ng is about, but for me it's just doing my own thing and not worrying what everyone else uses or thinks.

I mean in terms of keeping up with the releases, tunes not being pressed to vinyl ect... what with all the digital exclusives.
Perfectly valid comment i thought..............

Last edited:
this is good news but the playaz camp have been pissing me off lately with their facebook statuses and im sure im not the only one. they had one the other day saying something along the lines of "For all the vinyl heads out there, we are reprinting all our back catalogue on minidisc" and basically mocking vinyl lovers about collecting a dead format. now even if that is their belief, pretty stupid imo to mock the people who have supported playaz and bought the vinyl releases from the beginning. and then of course when it received the facebook feedback backlash, surprise surprise, the status was removed. Another classic case of poor customer relations from playaz. i would love to know what was going through the playaz facebook dudes head when he posted that. he must be fucking thick if you ask me

this is good news but the playaz camp have been pissing me off lately with their facebook statuses and im sure im not the only one. they had one the other day saying something along the lines of "For all the vinyl heads out there, we are reprinting all our back catalogue on minidisc" and basically mocking vinyl lovers about collecting a dead format. now even if that is their belief, pretty stupid imo to mock the people who have supported playaz and bought the vinyl releases from the beginning. and then of course when it received the facebook feedback backlash, surprise surprise, the status was removed. Another classic case of poor customer relations from playaz. i would love to know what was going through the playaz facebook dudes head when he posted that. he must be fucking thick if you ask me

Yeah I saw this before it was removed, yeah I agree their attitude towards vinyl has been childish

I would like to see how the profit margins work out on a run of about 300 plates, Im not an expert, but lets say they sell all 300, what are their margins do you reckon, i would not be surprised if it is a max of around 60/70 quid selling each one for 7quid.
Obviously the margins are gunna be bigger on a bigger run, but typically, you would think that that a label would press 300/400 wouldnt you..?
This is just speculating, would like to know fact if anyone could lay some down...

This has got to be the reason why they stopped pressing, not business viable..

Although I love vinyl and would like to keep collecting it, it is starting to become a dead format. I need to get on the traktor or serato so I can go for the mixture.

100% agree.

Blew my mind that they'd make snidy comments towards loyal fans who have been spending ridiculous amounts of money on their music for years.

Playaz, you want to abandon vinyl? Fine, stick to Mp3's where 1 in 50 people who own it actually paid for it.

good on em! To be honest havn't been following their recent stuff and didn't even realise they'd stopped, but as one of the labels that got me into the scene and mixing it's sad that they stopped in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom