Play The Fool - New Liquid

Thanks guys.

dizzy that pad was made using Thor in Reason but its a pretty simple pad, 3 saw oscillators with 2 of them set 7 semitones higher than the first osc. Band pass around 50-100hz, then use a low pass filter with a bit of resonance, this filter opens up at 3:20. And some slight pitch modulation with an lfo.

thanks. i've done similar-ish atmospheric pads before and usually do -5 semitones with the 2nd oscillator and +12 semitones with the 3rd oscillator if i use a 3rd oscillator, the +12 semitone oscillator makes the filter sweep sound more noticeable. then i do an EQ filter sweep through whatever range of frequencies sound nice for that particular pad. for that i just automate a slow notch filter sweep from high frequencies to low. the notch is usually at +5 or +10db depending on what works with that particular sound, i keep the resonance for that notch fairly low so the sweep isn't too loud and inharmonic from a big boost with a narrow reso.
anway the song as a whole is really nice. i peeped your soundcloud and liked your other songs too, keep up the good work man

Last edited:
Really well crafted, harmonious blend of all elements.
Great job... :cool:

PS: Okay, maybe the bassline could be a bit broader.. e.g. with the high freqs of a slightly detuned second bassline spread in the stereo panorama.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom