Play The Fool - New Liquid

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by djSing, Oct 11, 2013.

1. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Reworked an old tune, let me know what you guys think - follow the links for a free download if ya fancy!

Cheers

2. LVB

LVB Active Member

this is really good, nicely mixed, soothing bass and wicked vibes, great job

3. lasiien

lasiien Meh

4. Jacomelli

Jacomelli J4COM3LL1

5. djdizzy

djdizzy Active Member

really nice work, i like it! what'd you use to make the pad? it sounds nice but then at ~3:20 it sounds amazing

6. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

Thanks guys.

dizzy that pad was made using Thor in Reason but its a pretty simple pad, 3 saw oscillators with 2 of them set 7 semitones higher than the first osc. Band pass around 50-100hz, then use a low pass filter with a bit of resonance, this filter opens up at 3:20. And some slight pitch modulation with an lfo.

djdizzy likes this.
  7. djdizzy

djdizzy Active Member

thanks. i've done similar-ish atmospheric pads before and usually do -5 semitones with the 2nd oscillator and +12 semitones with the 3rd oscillator if i use a 3rd oscillator, the +12 semitone oscillator makes the filter sweep sound more noticeable. then i do an EQ filter sweep through whatever range of frequencies sound nice for that particular pad. for that i just automate a slow notch filter sweep from high frequencies to low. the notch is usually at +5 or +10db depending on what works with that particular sound, i keep the resonance for that notch fairly low so the sweep isn't too loud and inharmonic from a big boost with a narrow reso.
    anway the song as a whole is really nice. i peeped your soundcloud and liked your other songs too, keep up the good work man

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  8. Pyrococcus

Pyrococcus Urban Break Twister

Really well crafted, harmonious blend of all elements.
    Great job... :cool:

PS: Okay, maybe the bassline could be a bit broader.. e.g. with the high freqs of a slightly detuned second bassline spread in the stereo panorama.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013