Planning a mix....

iamdjsimm

VIP Junglist
....Something I've never done before. I always do my mixes on the fly.

I'm doing a 15 years of DJ Simm mix though which basically involves 2 tunes from every year I've been DJ'ing (1996 to current. Although my collection dates back to 1990 it doesn't fit in with my 15 years of DJ'ing theme)

Picking 2 tunes from each year is proving seriously hard work as the levels of quality to choose from are just too high!!!

Try picking 2 stand out tunes from 2011 for example (without choosing Marka).

This whole process has made me glad I don't plan all my mixes in advance. I'd just tear my hair out (or what's left of it)!!

if I had to pick 2 stand out tunes from 2011, they would be Icicle & Commix - Ultraclean + Hazard - Food Fight

2 good choices there to be fair!

I know one of my 2010 tracks will be ulterior motives 2098.

One of my 2011's will probably be dub phizix shakedown. I can't get enough of that tune still.

i tried doing something similar to this.
its really tough, you want your first choices of tunes but you want some cracking mixes too.
hard to find the right balance. good luck man, send it to me when youve finished it, be interested to hear it.

i tried doing something similar to this.
its really tough, you want your first choices of tunes but you want some cracking mixes too.
hard to find the right balance. good luck man, send it to me when youve finished it, be interested to hear it.

It's a tough one!! Link will be up on here once it's done.

Hardest bit is trying not to include 12 dillinja tunes from when he was good!! I'm trying to spread the styles / producers as well so to speak.

I think the tracklist is ready.

Well I've selected 30 tracks anyway.

I'll keep the details hush till the mix is done. I like to think over the years it represents my style well

Mate i never plan a mix but an idea to your concept would be part 1 / part 2 / part 3 etc ;)

I've got the tunes selected. The thing is if I start doing parts I guarantee it'll end up being 15 60 minutes mixes!!

I would definitely throw Noisia - Program or Culture Shock - Protection in the 2011 category.. as for 2010 Link to the Past, Bright Lights, etc etc..

I would definitely throw Noisia - Program or Culture Shock - Protection in the 2011 category.. as for 2010 Link to the Past, Bright Lights, etc etc..

2010? bright lights? link to the past? pfffft where were u
come on son. bright lights was a pile of garbage, yeah sure link to the past was a popular tune, but i'd never use it to define a whole year. not when you could have
the limit - the cleaner - seven - patience - sunchase's lp - transition - floating zero - strange science - featherweight - spors ep - snorkel - sabres lp - 2098

matter of opinion i suppose

2010? bright lights? link to the past? pfffft where were u
come on son. bright lights was a pile of garbage, yeah sure link to the past was a popular tune, but i'd never use it to define a whole year. not when you could have
the limit - the cleaner - seven - patience - sunchase's lp - transition - floating zero - strange science - featherweight - spors ep - snorkel - sabres lp - 2098

matter of opinion i suppose

Mix should be up later tonight but for now 2010 was

Genotype - Justice Over Law
Ulterior Motive - 2098

I know for a fact when the track list is seen it will cause various debates. The only thing I can say as a pre cursor is the tracklist is about me and not what Andy C played in that year etc etc.

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

sounds good to me ;)

Ha ha. My full time job and house mate don't agree with you!! :-/

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

sounds good to me ;)

Ha ha. My full time job and house mate don't agree with you!! :-/

Back
Top Bottom