Planned set or freestyle?

All of the above

Strangely I think that about myself too. More to do with the satisfaction I get when mixing on vinyl.
Tbh my pal has Serato and its just as comfortable as Traktor, although being nit picky, the way I have "live input" setup on traktor so I can play records and mix digital stuff together was in my opinion better on Traktor to sort out. And for some reason the vinyl mode on Serato was really quiet? No idea why, sorted it out on traktor with an auto gain preset when you flick to live input and it boosts the internal gain. Easy.

interesting. i brought those multicore cables and they seem to work wonders. nice being able to flick through line/phono on the mixer.

I feel more likely that something is going to go wrong with a laptop. Vinyl is simple.. and the only thing that can screw you is dust really. or shit isolation! or poor needles..

hmm.. :teeth:

I do find this more rewarding no doubt but the more i think of it, the main reason i solely plan stuff is cos i just dont have mixing sessions like i used to, you know 8 hours on end with yur mates till 10am. Time is taken up by life and production now. If i DJ'd all the time in my spare time then I would be much more likely to play off the cuff as standard.

I know what you mean man. I'm in a fair bit of debt, so I barely have any time to mix or produce.
The only time I mix is when I go round to danwells. Even then, I don't really mix.
I need to win the lottery

- - - Updated - - -

I do find this more rewarding no doubt but the more i think of it, the main reason i solely plan stuff is cos i just dont have mixing sessions like i used to, you know 8 hours on end with yur mates till 10am. Time is taken up by life and production now. If i DJ'd all the time in my spare time then I would be much more likely to play off the cuff as standard.

I know what you mean man. I'm in a fair bit of debt, so I barely have any time to mix or produce.
The only time I mix is when I go round to danwells. Even then, I don't really mix.

Thinking back I wish I could be 18 again, no worries, no mortgage/bills/food/washing.... I had every single night to myself and could do whatever!

Roll on retirement

No-one likes a turntable hog! :teeth:

Thinking back I wish I could be 18 again, no worries, no mortgage/bills/food/washing.... I had every single night to myself and could do whatever!

Roll on retirement

Agreed - literally have a 1 hour window every night I can mix now, where as years gone by i'd have hour upon hour of free time.

Lottery + Retirement plz

- - - Updated - - -

Roll on retirement

No-one likes a turntable hog! :teeth:

Agreed - literally have a 1 hour window every night I can mix now, where as years gone by i'd have hour upon hour of free time.

Lottery + Retirement plz

Throw kids in to the mix and you haven't got time to wipe your arse after a shit never mind have a mix! Good job I have an endless supply of under crackers!

Back
Top Bottom