planet of the drums

ibanezmp

Dizzy
Just wondering if any Dj Dieselboy fans are out there like me (there should be) They came to nashville last weekend so i was all over it, I went there and almost didnt get in because my friend forgot his ID that would have blown. And who is this MC Messinian? They did alot of rap and stuff and i thought it wasnt gonna be any good but then they busted out and it was the shiz. The MC got real into the crowd and everyone was jus pumped (and im pretty sure 75% were highly intoxicated) if anyone was there or likes Dieselboy and Dara, hit me back i'd like to know.

i've seen him and i wasnt that impressed. Probably cause the show was really sloppily put together and that created an ambiance of suck that could not be rattled. All disappointment aside, i've heard good things about that MC he has. Cant say i have been impressed with the gabbercore sound he has been going for as of late. I liked his older darker tech stuff, circa 1998-2001 but not much beyond that (sigh).

well dude that is true his older stuff was better but this particular set just rocked my world, although it was sloppy at first the main event kicked.

deadaelus said:
i've seen him and i wasnt that impressed. Probably cause the show was really sloppily put together and that created an ambiance of suck that could not be rattled. All disappointment aside, i've heard good things about that MC he has. Cant say i have been impressed with the gabbercore sound he has been going for as of late. I liked his older darker tech stuff, circa 1998-2001 but not much beyond that (sigh).

american dnb is usually heavily influenced by gabber/hardcore (crazy american white boys :teeth: ), also find a load of dirty amen mash ups with ragga, they love it. i've seen yankys pay stupid amounts of money for 94/95 ragga jungle (saw a tune go for £105, beleive me, no jungle is worth that amount of money!)

not a fan of diesel boy, but ill leave it at that before i get threatend again :teeth:

HUGE Dieselboy fan here! MC Messinian (James, to those in Philly) is the same MC featured on DSL's, "Barrier Break", single. He's been touring with Dieselboy for years. I missed POTD this year, but I did manage to catch him at the Halloween set in Lancaster, PA. I don't find MC Messinian comparable to any of the UK MC's. I'm not a fan of hip-hop, by which Messinian's style seems to be heavily influenced (...therefore, I have a very biased opinion). Admittedly, I believe he's among the best the U.S. has to offer, as far as D&B MC's... but Eksman, he's NOT!

Back
Top Bottom