Plagiarism of Sub Focus??

Its called sampling mate.

And your grammar is questionable - your title infers that someone else is plagiarising SF's work when infact you are accusing him of plagiarism.

Its called sampling mate.

And your grammar is questionable - your title infers that someone else is plagiarising SF's work when infact you are accusing him of plagiarism.

What is SF's work? This is not a sampling mate, is not the same sound, but is very similar.

If your "argument" is true, then the same should apply for this.

But no it isnt. For many songs off his album, hes even said this himself, he had to recreate the samples himself from scratch. Hench why they all sound so similar. Theres an interview with him somewhere on the net where he says this.

Last edited by a moderator:
he does kinda take it pretty far but still almost every artist has done it in some shape or form.

everyone does this in music. taking inspiration from others work is a big part in song writing.. but yeh SF does kinda 'borrow' a little tooo much.

The resemblance is undeniable, but maybe is only a amazing amazing coincidence.

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

I would like to know the opinion of musicians producers of this forum, I think they have a special sensitivity to know this sort of thing.

Is there even such a thing in music as plagiarism?

(Unless you take a track of someones, slap your name on it and try to release it.)

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Also, last jungle is signifcantly better. Last Jungle was my favourite track off the album which wasn't just a rereleased tune with added vocals :teeth:

But no it isnt. For many songs off his album, hes even said this himself, he had to recreate the samples himself from scratch. Hench why they all sound so similar. Theres an interview with him somewhere on the net where he says this.

Sure he ask permission to the vangelis´s editorial if not it could fall on he a demand and lose the rights of the song, because in the intro of let the story begin he do a recreation of Spiral of vangelis, But someone would have to ask Andres Fumero if this is the same case.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Is there even such a thing in music as plagiarism?

(Unless you take a track of someones, slap your name on it and try to release it.)

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Also, last jungle is signifcantly better. Last Jungle was my favourite track off the album which wasn't just a rereleased tune with added vocals :teeth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_plagiarism

Music plagiarism is the use or close imitation of another author's music while representing it as one's own original work. Plagiarism in music now occurs in two contexts – with a musical idea (that is, a melody or motif) or sampling (taking a portion of one sound recording and reusing it in a different song)

lol I hadnt heard that before, maybe taking inspiration a little too far?

well look who i saw... :D

screenprint33.jpg

:rofl:

Some good arguments here. If you listen to Subfocus B2B Friction from Pirate Station 2008, the original edit of Let The Story Begin has this EXACT same intro. Is it a case of RAM couldnt get sample clearance?

Some good arguments here. If you listen to Subfocus B2B Friction from Pirate Station 2008, the original edit of Let The Story Begin has this EXACT same intro. Is it a case of RAM couldnt get sample clearance?

sample clearance is fecking expensive. So im guessing SF recreated it in 174 format

yeah fairplay subfocus does make fat tracks but personally i wouldnt be comfortable using that much material from other artists probably i would prefer to be more original but its all fairplay to him and he does make better tracks than the ones before no doubt

yeah fairplay subfocus does make fat tracks but personally i wouldnt be comfortable using that much material from other artists probably i would prefer to be more original but its all fairplay to him and he does make better tracks than the ones before no doubt

Sub Focus is a great artist and his music is very good, but this is a totally subjective argument, for lovers of drum and bass are better songs, but each song was done in a particular context, on a specific date and on their own style, were unique and therefore can not be said that their "versions" are better. For example, a remix may sound better than the original mix, but always be a remix.

Back
Top Bottom