Plagiarism of Sub Focus??

He does seem to use other artists work a bit much...

But in every case he adds loads of his own elements to the tune and changes the sounds quite a bit so I don't really think its plagiarism

Last edited by a moderator:
He does seem to use other artists work a bit much...

But in every case he adds loads of his own elements to the tune and changes the sounds quite a bit so I don't really think its plagiarism

Mish Mash put his own elements to the tune and changes the sounds quite a bit have a name: REMIX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_plagiarism
Music plagiarism is the use or close imitation of another author's music while representing it as one's own original work. Plagiarism in music now occurs in two contexts – with a musical idea (that is, a melody or motif) or sampling.....

how many grains of sand make a heap? you cant define a limit of music plagiarism, where do you make a cut off point? Such is our universe

Mish Mash put his own elements to the tune and changes the sounds quite a bit have a name: REMIX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_plagiarism
Music plagiarism is the use or close imitation of another author's music while representing it as one's own original work. Plagiarism in music now occurs in two contexts – with a musical idea (that is, a melody or motif) or sampling.....

But in this case, (Rock it vs Robot rock) you are right, are different songs, and I think he acknowledged he was inspired by punk Duft

But in this case, (Rock it vs Robot rock) you are right, are different songs, and I think he acknowledged he was inspired by punk Duft

quoting yourself makes the forum implode :teeth:

Give it a rest and go listen to some music. It's not like you have to listen to music containing samples.
But if you hate it that much, dnb will disappoint you lots of times...

Last edited:
OMG!!!

A producer sampling! Oh the horror!

This has been covered before and was boring the last time it was brought up. Alix Perez used the same sample Souls of Mischief used on 93 Til Infinity. Why did nobody kick up a massive fuss then? Sub Focus RECREATES a sample (something you can do and get out of paying sample clearance) and its a big deal. Weird that.....

OMG!!!

This has been covered before and was boring the last time it was brought up. Alix Perez used the same sample Souls of Mischief used on 93 Til Infinity. Why did nobody kick up a massive fuss then? Sub Focus RECREATES a sample (something you can do and get out of paying sample clearance) and its a big deal. Weird that.....

Where is the sampler wayenoway??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8

I cant hear it on any site, You are talking about last jungle?
If you are talking about last jungle vs tell me a story, the melody is not a producer sampler, therefore is original from andres fumero.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

quoting yourself makes the forum implode :teeth:

Give it a rest and go listen to some music. It's not like you have to listen to music containing samples.
But if you hate it that much, dnb will disappoint you lots of times...

Sorry was a message to Mish Mash

(put [video] [/video] around your youtube links, that way they can be viewed right here on the page, and no extra browser window/tab has to be opened)

cheers

OMG!!!

Souls Of Mischief - From 93 sounds like Boards of Canada - Music Is Math
It sounded to me

think this is deffo a contender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_VLmlfXHE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyC3L51Rds

either way subfocus is still a don, bags of talent, hes copied the odd track here n there but when he makes tracks like timewarp, acid test, aliens, soundguy, strobes, scarecrow, could this be real etc etc etc, its not by fluke that hes killed the dnb scene and is now doing big things in the mainstream music scene

personally i find it disappointing when u hear artists have made big tunes and you think, 'yeah thats a phat idea, good melody etc;' only to find out the tracks are relicks...should be classed as actual relicks or remixes really

personally i find it disappointing when u hear artists have made big tunes and you think, 'yeah thats a phat idea, good melody etc;' only to find out the tracks are relicks...should be classed as actual relicks or remixes really

yeah I feel the same but you know..

It wasnt sampled.
He recreated the sounds and used the same chords.
IMO I think he could have been abit more creative but this happens in all genres

Back
Top Bottom