Pitchshift - The Journey (2 hour mix)

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
The%2520Journey%2520Artwork.jpg

01. Friske - Hostile
02. Calibre - Clipper Man
03. Intelligent Manners - Ball & Chain (feat Nuage)
04. Random Movement - Connections
05. Getz - City Walk
06. Netsky - Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix)
07. Enei - Thin Line
08. Marcus Intalex - Cabal
09. Xtrah - Soundclash
10. Fracture - The Breaks
11. Clarity - Off the Cuff
12. Ruffhouse - Bypass
13. Thing - Step Up
14. DRS - Bun Ya (feat Dub Phizix, Strategy, Fox, Skittles, Chimpo, Konny Kon & T Man)
15. Soul Intent - Nod to the Past
16. Raiden - Dove From Above (feat Klose)
17. Arp XP & Maurs - You Don't
18. Cuelock - Attic Spook
19. ASC - Snow Wolf
20. Data - Passive Aggressive (Stray Remix)
21. SpectraSoul - Organiser (Foreign Concept Remix)
22. Kodo - Affirmative Action
23. Bredren - Stepping Stones
24. Amit - Killer Driller
25. Andy Pain & Z Connection - Take Me Away
26. Break, Fields, Mako and Villem - Dilligence
27. 8 Bits & Q Project - Lowend Theory
28. Audio - Headroom
29. A.I. & Command Strange - Mad One (feat Jamakabi)
30. Dose - Face Your Fears
31. Octane & DLR - Set Up The Set (feat Script)
32. Calyx & Teebee - We Fall Away
33. BTK - Drop It (Optiv Remix)
34. A.M.C - Noise Of Thunder
35. Gridlok - Warrior Code
36. S.P.Y. - Back Again
37. Spirit - Deconstructed
38. Heavy Stereo - Two More Than One
39. Dom & Roland - Strobe
40. Dabs - Lockdown
41. Black Sun Empire - Dawn Of A Dark Day (feat Foreign Beggars)
42. Optiv & BTK - Mind Control
43. Rene LaVice - Absolute Monster
-- Future Cut - 2020 (Future Cut Remix)
44. SPKTRM - Type III
45. Escher - Late Snare
46. Future Cut feat. Jenna G - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix)
-- Ed Rush & Optical - Socom

Last edited:
On this Rich!

Looking forward to hearing that Obsession remix > Socom mix right at the end.
Will be back with some thoughts as usual.

Cheers stusmith :2thumbs:

I'm just in the process of re uploading it as I noticed I didn't add any ID3 tags for those who want to download it. It should be back up in around 30 mins.

really good mix man, on point throughout.

liked this section the most

Soul Intent - Nod to the Past
18. Cuelock - Attic Spook
19. ASC - Snow Wolf
20. Data - Passive Aggressive (Stray Remix)
21. SpectraSoul - Organiser (Foreign Concept Remix)
22. Kodo - Affirmative Action
23. Bredren - Stepping Stones
24. Amit - Killer Driller
25. Andy Pain & Z Connection - Take Me Away
26. Break, Fields, Mako and Villem - Dilligence
27. 8 Bits & Q Project - Lowend Theory

all the tunes seemed to work really well together. good variety in the mix as well

amazing mix! one of the best i've heard in a while, big up!!

highlights for me were:

06. Netsky - Love Has Gone (Dub Phizix Remix)
07. Enei - Thin Line
08. Marcus Intalex - Cabal
09. Xtrah - Soundclash
10. Fracture - The Breaks

don't even like the love has gone remix, i find the vocal soooo annoying, but have to say it does mix superbly with thin line (which is one of my fave tracks of 2012). plus the intro of breaks coming in over 2nd drop of soundclash was epic, so atmospheric!

15. Soul Intent - Nod to the Past

this bit is awesome, never even heard nod to the past or you don't before but definitely gonna get the latter now. i do think you could've cut nod to the past out in a better way though, as soon as it was gone i felt like the dove from above was missing those fast hats.

29. A.I. & Command Strange - Mad One (feat Jamakabi)*
30. Dose - Face Your Fears*
31. Octane & DLR - Set Up The Set (feat Script)*
32. Calyx & Teebee - We Fall Away*
33. BTK - Drop It (Optiv Remix)*
34. A.M.C - Noise Of Thunder

weee super high energy double drop section, whole mixes like this never work and you really need the right tracks for it but think you got it spot on here (in terms of length and selection). probably my favourite bit of the mix

criticisms:
-bit just before 28 mins where you keep switching over for the snare of step up, had the potential to be good but it was never quite spot on.. sounded a bit weird with the pads/fx of bypass cutting out.
also i can't be completely sure that it would've sounded better (don't have step up), but i think you should've dropped it out a phrase (i.e. 16 bars at 175) earlier.. i think the echo on the last word of whoevers verse that is in bun ya would've sounded sick with all the white noisey highs suddenly cutting out..
-sometimes the resonance is way too high on your lp/hp filters! sometimes it sounds good but sometimes just sounds wacky (like when noise of thunder comes in)

how did i missed a mix with such tracklist and 2 hours. anyway, looks like a journey indeed. just downloaded it and started to listen to it. we'll where this journey leads me....looking the tracklist it's gonna be pretty filthy at some point :)

Cheers for the in depth feedback IFTN. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my mix. I cut out Bun Ya as the 'go with the flow' sample comes in on Nod to the Past. If I kept it in the vocals would of clashed (there was still another 32 bars of vocal left on Bun Ya). Criticism noted on the frequency of my filters ;)

Title sums up this mix precisely me thinks. Carefully crafted and built up atmosphere of this really shines, technically speaking there's almost nothing to fault, liking the different flavours throughout the mix, adds up to the flawless selection. Liked the first half hour or so very much, Thin Line > Cabal > Soundclash > The Breaks is just superb. Nod To The Past > Dove From Above is mental, well thought of that one. Really digged the use of Headroom in this mix, such a tune! From this up to Drop It RMX is a nonstop head-banging business. My favourite part probably was the one from Strobe up to Mind Control, rolling heavily. Seems like Obsession RMX is starting to be the favourite outro tune in the members mixes forum section, not a bad thing tho, really sick tune for sure. Enjoyed the mix very much, which is rarely the cause with it being almost 115 minutes long, but I just couldn't stop listening. Big up mate, will keep my eyes peeled for any more mixes of yours, quality stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom