pitchridin techniques

dj__c

how do ppl pitchride.. ive been doin it by sorta scrubbin the pitch if u kno wot i mean, little upwards or downwards movements, but wheneva i beatmatch it goes out or sounds unclean nomatter what i do after about 20seconds, anyone kno what im onbout?:confused:

how do ppl pitchride.. ive been doin it by sorta scrubbin the pitch if u kno wot i mean, little upwards or downwards movements, but wheneva i beatmatch it goes out or sounds unclean nomatter what i do after about 20seconds, anyone kno what im onbout?:confused:

All I can say is that you have to learn to move it at exactly the right time, by exactly the right amount (USUALLY NOT VERY MUCH AT ALL! SMALL MOVEMEMENTS KEEP YOU IN CONTROL!)

And you also have to learn to become very responsive to any changes where a mix starts to go out of sync

The moment you let things slip and start to get out of hand your job becomes alot harder

If you can catch the mix as soon as it starts go out, and make the proper adjustments, EVENTUALLY, you will get it perfect and the tunes should stay pretty locked for a while!

And last but not least ...

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

You go from big adjustments to small adjustments until you're just tweaking and getting closer and closer to the perfect pitch.

it helps alot when your learning if you know roughly where the pitch adjuster should be before you start moving it.

sound for that boys
sometimes it all come 2gether, but others it all falls apart and i doubt my technique..
ill do a lil mix and put it up 2 show you where i go wrong lol

whas that ting you can do to temporarily slow or speed the decks, by tappin the 45 pr 33rpm button or summut?

whas that ting you can do to temporarily slow or speed the decks, by tappin the 45 pr 33rpm button or summut?

I wouldn't advise ever touchin the 45 or 33rpm button whilst tryin 2 mix 2 tunes together lol

My advise to you would be to learn how to do everything just using the pitch

Don't ever touch the vinyl or anything, just use the pitch, it'l force you to learn how to use it to mix tightly

Best way forward

if you have a pitch reset button which takes the pitch back to zero

i dont think its good practise do use this though (n)

you can do this if the tune is really running off at a rate followed by a big pitch shift. it does work and i do use it sometimes but if you're struggling with pitch riding then this is probably just gonna fuck you up more mate

it was just one of those things. i went on me decks the other day wid a tipple in hand and i just focused and nailed it spot on,mixin dnb and dub tightish, ill see how i get on when i return in 30mins lol

Back
Top Bottom