DnB Pitched up vocal clips in drum loops... Quick question...

thought&process

Noctem Audio
Before I begin, listen to the opening drum loop:

Yeah, I know that pitched up vocal is used all the time but this was the first tune I could think of with it. Anywho, do you reckon most producers record those themselves? Because I've been searching, and I've found nothing. It's unfortunate because I'm working on this tune, and I have to access to a decent microphone to get a quality sample to use. Small detail I know but those are what make the track imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a sampled break that he's used, the same one thousands of others have used. It's layered with some other percussion though to make it sound a bit more unique.

What?

It's part of the break sample he used, look up the 'Think break', there are a few others too.

The idea of you trying to recreate the vocal manually is quite amusing though. I suppose it's not difficult, all you gotta do is make some grunts and whoops in a James Brown style then pitch them up.

Could end up being decent or potentially the worst thing a human has ever done. One of those two.

The idea of you trying to recreate the vocal manually is quite amusing though. I suppose it's not difficult, all you gotta do is make some grunts and whoops in a James Brown style then pitch them up.

Could end up being decent or potentially the worst thing a human has ever done. One of those two.

deffo wouldnt sound the same, but i know id at least look like an idiot doing so lol

If you listen to the original track the break is sampled from, you might get inspired to go hunt for a break that hasn't been used a million times before

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom