Pitch Shift Accuracy +/- 6%, 10% etc.

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Alexi, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

Just wondering what the everyone tends to favour, because most of the time I mix at 6%, which changes by 0.02 unless I'm playing older, slower tunes.

But the other day I was playing on some CDJ800s, and the only option apart from wide was 10%, and smallest change was 0.05, and I found I had to keep adjusting to keep a tune in lock, for example, between +1.60 and +1.65, where as on my cdj400s it would just be +1.64%

I was thinking that at 180bpm, 0.05% is enough to make a tune slip out of sync quite quickly, or was I just on a mixing off day?

2. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

my 800 is on 10%, dont seem to have any probs.

3. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

Sounds like you were looking at the screen too much and not concentrating on mixing.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

I understand exactly what you mean Alexi that's why I don't ever use 6% because some clubs are only going to have 800s so you're better off getting used to the 0.05% increments.

5. robzy

robzy New Member

I agree with riisu... just do it the old skool way and use your ears, if the track slips out... work it back in again with the pitch not the jog wheel

6. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

its all in your mind

7. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

yeh I figure I was just on a bit of an off day and looking for exuses, since covering up bpms on both cdjs and mixer, i've managed to keep it out of my mind

when they're visable, I can't help but look, like the footy scores in the corner of the tv screen when you don't wanna know the result