Pitch Riding

But seriously, shouldn't you be asking who doesn't do this? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

yeah i do it. but i fine tune it manually. what i mean by that is i will pitch ride it but adjust it by touching the vinyl to get it spot on if ya know what i mean

its alot easier pitch riding when u get the nack of it i found:D

Every DJ does it. Its the only way to get two records in time for any sustained period. If you don't do it your gonna have to keep touching the platter and skipping and stalling the records. You use it to lock a beat originally, and then use it to correct almost instantly any times the beats drift apart.

yeah i do it. but i fine tune it manually. what i mean by that is i will pitch ride it but adjust it by touching the vinyl to get it spot on if ya know what i mean

its alot easier pitch riding when u get the nack of it i found:D

Yeah thats what i do..

Watch the video mate, do you do what he does with that techno tune? Or what he says in the first place (find the perfect pitch so it stays in sync)

Every DJ does it. Its the only way to get two records in time for any sustained period. If you don't do it your gonna have to keep touching the platter and skipping and stalling the records. You use it to lock a beat originally, and then use it to correct almost instantly any times the beats drift apart.

I dont, i rely on my abilities to find the pitch and keep it synced the whole mix..

Yeah I do it this way, alot quicker if you ask me, but the pitch on my decks is starting to go dodgy so sometimes I have to fine tune it by touching the plater.

What do you do when the beats start to slightly drift apart in the mix?

well as soon as i hear it the slightest bit, which doesnt need to be done often because i make sure ive got the pitch matched, i will give it a slight touch either faster or slower just to perfect it and move the pitch according to how quickly it went out..

I think pitch riding works better for melodic/rolling/vocal tunes as if you touch the platter or vinyl to speed up/slow down then you can hear the pitch change alot more than if you use the pitch fader.

Bollocks.... You can beatmatch by adjusting the vinyl and then moving the pitch fader fine. It's exactly the same logic just with a different means. You're still gonna be innacurate with pitch fading, and after you get used to turning the vinyl round you can work out roughly what pitch change you need anyway.

But touching the platter should be avoided wherever possible. A good example to explain why, would be say you're playing two tracks with female vocals out loud and the beats have drifted apart. Your method would mean that rather than pitch riding for a lovely smooth mix, youve got to touch the platter to either wizz one round a bit to speed it up or try and stall one for a bit to slow it down, thus either making the woman sound like an alien or a bloke.

Bollocks.... You can beatmatch by adjusting the vinyl and then moving the pitch fader fine. It's exactly the same logic just with a different means. You're still gonna be innacurate with pitch fading, and after you get used to turning the vinyl round you can work out roughly what pitch change you need anyway.

Finally someone on my side haha

Finally someone on my side haha

The whole forum could be on your side mate, it wouldn't change the fact that you're wrong and touching the platter when a tracks playing outloud is wrong and should be avoided wherever possible. If you carry on like this I may have to request that you press the 'logout' button, so lets leave it there.

I've always done it cos I learnt on basic as fuck CD decks, but I dont think theres a right or wrong way to beatmatch, so long as they're locked in and sounding good.

aslong as ure locking the tunes , who cares how u beatmatch!

everyone has there own way of doing things

Back
Top Bottom