Pitch riding on CDJs

ConEP

Anyone else feel like riding the pitch on CDJs is just utter garbage? I have 1000 MK3s and the tension of the pitch is so incredibly loose making small corrections a pain leading to an over or under correction.

Stupidly got rid of my 1200s this year and am starting to regret it horribly, wish I could have both but I cant!

It's soooo different to vinyl decks init! Best thing I can suggest (you're guna hate me) but just keep practising. Also the digital readout can come in handy for micro adjustments.

Yeah been looking at it for .002 adjustments, hate that though! Will keep at it, sick of messing with the platter tried to have them adjusted all the way to heavy for fine adjustments but its just not the same as mixing wax.

Yeah been looking at it for .002 adjustments, hate that though! Will keep at it, sick of messing with the platter tried to have them adjusted all the way to heavy for fine adjustments but its just not the same as mixing wax.

Try using the 10x range instead of 6x.. Also makes your pitch riding skills transferable to any model of CDJ, past and present then (y)

Sneaky trick; Every BPM is 0.6% difference.

Never thought of that to be honest, you find you can get a tight enough mix with that range? Also yeah i'm aware of 0.6 per BPM but cheers!

I have never been able to successfully pitch ride on CDJ's it's a bloody nightmare lol

wish there was a way to change the pitch tension like there is with the platter

Use the 6 instead of 10 range option, it's a bit tighter to lock or get near to locking tunes better (.2 adjust instead of .5) but yeah agreed it's just never gonna be as good to nail mixes like it could be done on a pair of 1210's in near to perfect condition (which in 2015 is a rare find!)

Back
Top Bottom