pitch on my decks

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dj_annihilate, Oct 5, 2008.

1. dj_annihilate

dj_annihilate New Member

is there anyway to fix my pitching on my decks they keep goin out of tempo.
    atm i ent got no cash to get new ones

2. K motion

K motion Rollin' deep

harsh mate, sorry not sure how to sort it, prob need to get them serviced i reckon! hope u sort them out! :)

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

u sure its broken? u not jus failing at beatmatching? :lol:

if the are belt drive decks then it's more likley to be the belt has stretched with time rather than ur pitch

if u can get 2 copies of the same tune (same producer if u cant, jus aslong as the tunes are the same speed), put them on 0 and mix em together, once they are in time jus leave em and u'll see...

and if they are broken i wouldn't start fiddling with it urself, u'll only do more damage
    it's harsh when u aint got funds but ur better off having to work harder with ur mixes than not at all...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  4. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

good advice.... if you find they are fukin up still theres alot of deck servicing people.... but most of them only deal with the high end decks... ie... Vestax, Technics.. and top of the range Numarks or Stantons.....

If they are belt drives then theres pretty much no hope... get yourself some new ones.... or if they are low end decks... and you've had them for a while... use the opotunity to get better ones bro!

5. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

if their technics check out the little picture next to the on/off switch.. Tells you which line of 'circles' should be still on the platter when you set the pitch..

And if they are fucked...New pitch control is fairly cheap i think.. Check out ebay maybe?