Pitch bending in 3rd party VST's?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Ok, so, for those of you who use FL you know that if you are using an image-line plug-in you can simply pitch bend in the piano roll.

However, with other VST's (Albino /Massive/ Predator etc etc) that technique doesnt work (same with the individual note velocity in piano roll).

So how would I go about pitch bending notes in these plugs?

Doesn't work fletch? It should do, piano roll works purely in midi so shouldn't matter what plug is in the channel, Pitch is a general MIDI parameter in any host I'm sure.

If the third party VST has a pitch bending control or just a pitch controller, you could slightly move that controller so it becomes the last one you've edited. Then you go to the gray bar and you click the down button where you'll find an option saying "Browse Parameters", It'll open a folder in your browser with all the controls of your VST, the pitch bend should automatically be selected since it was the last one to be tweaked. Right click it and select 'Create Automation Clip', A clip will appear on your playlist, delete it and go to the piano roll of that VST. Right click in the grey box left to where you'd normally edit velocity or pitch. A context menu will appear , but an extra option was added saying or 'Unsupport parameter /NameofVST/" or "Pitch/NameOfVST/" or something else, but I'm sure you'll recognize it. Click on that and you'll be able to pitch note per note in the Piano Roll.

Hope this helps you!

Yeah I know about the last controlled parameter thingy. I was wondering if there was any way of getting more control over it like how you can in the piano roll.

@druu- yeah the actual pitch works (like what different notes you play) but when you draw the line to pitch it up or down over time (almost like a riser) it has no effect.

I'm not getting you Fletch, I use FL and Massive, but I can use my pitch bend wheel on my controller to pitch the sound coming from massive.
Just adjust the pitch bend values in massive to adjust the amount of pitch that is possible with the wheel.

ok ARTFX, What I mean is when you go in piano roll, and put one long note for lets say 8 bars. There is a little triangle shaped button in the top left of the piano roll window. If you click that then do an identical line but two octaves up, when the note plays it will gradually bend up to the top note. It's simple, but really effective if you want besslines to bend and stuff.

Ahhh, your talking about 'slides' or legato. Different to pitch bends. :) the patch has to have legato enabled to use that feature in FL I'm assuming.

I thought that only works on FL Native plugins, but why not use the Glide function in Massive itself and put the voicing on Legato?
Same shit.

Back
Top Bottom