Pitch Automation

rotein

Hi all, I'm using Logic 9 and when I put the nodes where I want the value to change, it changes before the nodes...?
Appreciate help.
Cheers

Hi mate,

I think I understand what you mean here. Are there diagonal lines between the nodes? If so, this means there is a rise instead of an instant change. Hope that helps you!

Jordan

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Oh sorry mate, I read your post wrong!

Your saying the changes are being made before the node? The info I gave may still be relevant in that case. But maybe someone else could give you more help :)

Hi all, I'm using Logic 9 and when I put the nodes where I want the value to change, it changes before the nodes...?
Appreciate help.
Cheers

If I'm understanding this right, you may have to apply extra nodes, and when trying to create a straight vertical line between two points, Logic can be a bit of a bitch. Get to know the option, cmd and shift keys while adjusting the nodes as they all apply different means of "flexing" the line segments. I would be more specific, but I don't have Logic open at the moment. Take a look at this article.

Also, under the "snap" tab, make sure "snap automation" is selected, it will make your life much easier. Finally, if it's only pitch you're automating and if it's for a MIDI instrument, make your adjustments within the MIDI piano roll's editor located at the bottom of the piano roll interface. There should be a triangle you can click on where you can select what type of automation you want (i.e. pitch, mod, etc.)

Last but not least, make sure your last node ends at the same position as the starting node. It will make life much easier.

Hope this helps and didn't completely confuse you. Feel free to ask more questions.

Cheers.

Thanks for your response lost..

I can automate the volume with no problems but any other effects happen maybe half a bar before the first node. It's as if the timing is wrong (best way I can describe it)?

I opened a new project and it automates fine so, the problem seems to be with this particular project. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something..?

Nice tune man!

Thanks for your response lost..

I can automate the volume with no problems but any other effects happen maybe half a bar before the first node. It's as if the timing is wrong (best way I can describe it)?

I opened a new project and it automates fine so, the problem seems to be with this particular project. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something..?

Nice tune man!

Thanks for the compliment rotein, it's greatly appreciated.

Logic is notorious for sometimes becoming a bit "odd" in the middle of song, as if something in the file becomes corrupt causing odd behavior. Your case seems to be an example of this unfortunately. No worries though, there's a workaround. Simply open a new project, then head over to the audio browser. Locate the project you were working on and select it. Now you'll see a list of all the tracks from the project. Shift + Click to select all your tracks and then "check" the boxes for the extra options (plugins, content, etc). Now click import and voila, you should be good to go.

Figured out it works ok when it's not in loop mode for some reason so happy days!!

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated and no doubt I'll be back with more queries!

Hopefully have my tune up soon for some feedback!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom