Pirating Records....

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
not condoning this but a good read....

Pirate-Vinyl-01.jpg

Using wooden strips, make a box around a glass plate. Seal off the edges using the window cement. Make sure everything is airtight.

Pirate-Vinyl-02.jpg

Place your record inside the box making sure that the portion to be copied is facing upward. Squeeze in some window cement to mark where the hole in the record is

Pirate-Vinyl-03.jpg

Mix up some silicone [buy here] for about three minutes

Pirate-Vinyl-04.jpg

Pour the mixture into the mould. Start from one corner and let it fill-up to about half-a-centimeter. Make sure it’s even. Let it dry for six hours.

Pirate-Vinyl-05.jpg

Peel off the silicone from the cast. Cut off the excess using a cutter

Pirate-Vinyl-06.jpg

Pour some liquid plastic [buy here] on top of the silicone cast.

Pirate-Vinyl-07.jpg

Make sure that nothing spills over the round form. You can also brush off any air bubbles that might occur.

Pirate-Vinyl-08.jpg

Carefully loosen the plate from the silicone form. Using a drill press, bore a hole through the center of the plate. You can use the silicone form as a template to make more copies.

There you have it. Your very own pirated record.

Pirate-Vinyl-09.jpg

http://audiobeef.com/how-to-pirate-vinyl-12/

I saw a post very similar to this a lil while ago but urs seems to make more sense to me. very interesting read and definately a decent way to revive old unplayable vinyl. nice one mate

I saw a post very similar to this a lil while ago but urs seems to make more sense to me. very interesting read and definately a decent way to revive old unplayable vinyl. nice one mate

You cant revive old vinyl with it, if you make a press of a worn vinyl the copy you make will more than likely be worse, but it most certainly wouldnt be better.

Back
Top Bottom