pipe dreams - work in progress

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So after shelving yet another project due to losing direction, I decided to piss about with something slightly different, and to my amazement, I think it came out ok.

Now there are a couple of things to note before feasting your lug 'oles on this next project. This is not really DnB, nor is it really dubstep so I'm not sure how you will welcome this track. I guess you could class it as Progressive, Techy, fast breakbeat (if there is such a thing?)

It is not finished yet, need to work on a final drop, and maybe play with the arrangement a little.

Oh, and finally apologies for the zshare link, I've used all my uploads for the month on soundcloud. But by the time I finish it I will re upload there.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6695622788420e95/

FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!! please......

boo zshare, maybe we should all chip in on one pro soundcloud account...

man, that hits a lot harder than the intro makes you think it will. i was gonna suggest the intro needed more, but now i think you should leave it.

the track sounds full and the production sounds fairly tight. the synths are interesting, drums could be crisper though. missing a tiny bit of shimmer up high maybe? sounds awesome overall, definitely finish it.

dont know what that was, but i liked it. thought it could be a lot "boomier", more danceable if you want. and imo the kick could be more like tshhh rather than the tack it is now ;)

Nice one. It's fine as it is, my personal taste would like the portamento lead to be a touch dirtier/grimier. Make it stand out as the boss. Just preference tho.
Sounds good.

Interesting breaks track. Sound to me like krafty kuts and that crowd... Intro was a bit lacking for me, the beats were nice and crisp, hat snare & perc combo all fitted together nicely. Interesting track. Have you tried putting it up to 160bmp? see what it sounds like.

Emmeeji ()Steve

Yeah I upped it to 170, then down a little to 160, but it just didnt "gel". Everything just seemed to sound rushed if you know what I mean? It's running at 140bpm now, which is where I feel it comes across the best.

I still have no idea what sort of genre this would come under lol!

Back
Top Bottom