Pioneer Turntable

My technics are second hand and they work like new, those things are literally built like tanks and will survive the apocalypse. Plus i dont think a service is that much and I would dread to think how much those pioneer ones are going to cost...

Do look very nice, but pioneer being pioneer will want a grand each for these no doubt and price most people out of the market.

Been after a pair of 1210's forever just like Dannyboy I don't trust second hand. Will pick a pair of these up if they can compare to 1210s.

Dont understand this. 1210's will outlive you, what makes you think the fact theyve been used changes that? Just buy from someone local so you can go round and test em out before handing your cash over.

Pussies.

Dont understand this. 1210's will outlive you, what makes you think the fact theyve been used changes that? Just buy from someone local so you can go round and test em out before handing your cash over.

Pussies.

alright alright imma man up

interesting stuff, but i dont think its going to make much difference to vinyl sales. kind of like saying if apple released a tape player they would be big again. plus technics are still pretty easy to get hold of

interesting stuff, but i dont think its going to make much difference to vinyl sales. kind of like saying if apple released a tape player they would be big again. plus technics are still pretty easy to get hold of

No doubt you'll get your The All The Gear And No Idea crew who want the latest kit snapping them up. Which might increase demand for vinyl? Thus making it marginally cheaper?? I doubt its gonna have any impact on vinyl prices etc though, im just speculating.

This is being made for DVS. Pioneer has deals with clubs. The few clubs that still carry 1200's, have battered 1200's. This will have no effect on vinyl sales. Vinyl's dead, homies.

it will be interesting to see how many clubs do get these in actually. as you say, most clubs have 1210's, but there beat. Could be a mass pioneer takeover

cost of repairing slightly dodgey 1210 = ~£50,
new turntable from pioneer = £££££ (no doubt)

Give this a day or so Forau, he will probably draw for a delayed sarcasm call
Are all 45 year old Aussies this insecure?

- - - Updated - - -

clueless yank

It's realistic. Sorry. My country has nothing to do with it. You honestly think Pioneer is envisioning a rebirth of an archaic medium? Pioneer's edge in the market comes from being the industry standard in clubs. They have a partnership with Serato. The goal of these decks is to replace the 20 year old Technics in clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

it will be interesting to see how many clubs do get these in actually. as you say, most clubs have 1210's, but there beat. Could be a mass pioneer takeover

cost of repairing slightly dodgey 1210 = ~£50,
new turntable from pioneer = £££££ (no doubt)
Clubs don't buy the gear. Pioneer gives it away. Denon makes superior cdj's. They're not as popular because they don't aggressively market them to clubs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom