Pioneer SDJ50-X Dj Monitors.

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Agent Smith, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

New range of Pioneer active monitors being released at the end of the month...

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/PIONEER/DJ_Equipment/SDJ50X/

Allegedly better for DJ use only, something that appeals to me. £245 a pair for something similar sized to Rokit 5's. Just wonder what the quality will be like.

Thoughts anyone? I think they look fucking swish.
    Been given a lot of jargon by a few people who work in the industry that these will be a quality buy & I am pretty keen to bag them myself.

There are bigger versions as well on the West End DJ site.

2. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

Ill probably buy one, no real need for two. Not sure though as I want to get into production and don't want to buy two sets of monitors

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

tbh the Rokit RP2's will probably come down in price now the new generation has come out but pretty much sold on these...would like to hear them first hand before I part with my cash though.

4. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

was gonna get the new RP6 G3s but might wait until the reviews of these now

edit: at a second glance, the 6" ones are £169, which are actually more expensive than the new RP6s... I think id rather go for the tried and tested studio monitors than the pioneers who have aimed these at bedroom DJs? I mean, obviously im a bedroom DJ, but when a company markets speakers as DJ monitors and not Studio monitors, youve got to question the quality surely.

Hopefully djkit will set them up in their warehouse so I can have a listen

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  5. richardberggs

richardberggs New Member

Pioneer taking on what other companies created and copies them and blends them together, and slap on the Pioneer logo. Great way to save money on research and development. They clearly took design cues from KRK and Yamaha. I personally can't support a company that does that. Glad I got my Yamahas.

6. richardberggs

richardberggs New Member

i have Pioneer S-DJ Active Monitors S-DJ08 is the s-djx more powerful for party's then the ones i have