Pioneer Headphones?

B37 Fck 1t

Hi Guys/Gals, I'm contemplating buying a Pioneer Digital DJ Controller, namely the DDJ-SR, which at the moment come bundled with a pair of HDJ-1500's, a promotion Pioneer are currently running. I was just wondering whether they would be any good for Production purposes also? Or are they just purely and solely for DJing? Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

I own the HDJ-500's and i use them for both Dj'ing and producing and they suit my needs at the moment. I imagine the 1500's have better sound, I'd say they'll be good for you now, and for a few years, but if you ever get serious about producing then there are always better (and more expensive) headphones but then again maybe a good pair of monitors if it's for producing.
Personally i think they'll be good, your choice though.

Wise words Alien, and much appreciated for your comment, that was the reassurance I needed my friend. See the problem arose when I started searching for production headphones. None of the many compiled "best" lists contained a single pair of pioneers and this is what worried me initially, so I thought I best sought after some experienced advice before taking the plunge, as they are definitely up there when it comes to DJ headphones. On checking the specs it seemed that the sound range looked feasible, but was unsure whether that would cut it alone?

Thanks once again.

I see where you're coming from, it was a good decision to check it out before purchasing them ! Rest assured that pioneer are very up to standard, quality wise. No worries pal :)

The best headphone for multipurpose (both djing and production) would be the sennheiser's hd25. They are probably the best djing headphones out there (imo) and they are quite flat, so you can use them for production. But if you are serious about producing consider buying a pair of active studio monitors.

Back
Top Bottom