Pioneer DJM400 Question

sparkdatzoot

Sorry if there is a proper sub forum for this to go, just in a rush and thought i would throw it out there as im not too good with electronic problems!

Basically, on my mixer when i turn up the channel trim (gain) for both 1 & 2, when i raise/lower from loud to quiet there is a slight crackling noise coming through both my mixer and my headphones.

Que?

blessington x

This is just dust caught up in the pots under the rotary switches. Try getting an air line or a hoover over the knobs and that might clean it out a bit.

It's not a major problem but if its bothering you then you need to dismantle the mixer and properly get the dust out. or if you are good with electronics, replace the pots :)

cheers for the help mate! i presume i can just unscrew it from the underneath and just get all the shit out gently. all easy peasy yessir?

Yeah man if you have a basic knowledge of electronics it should be a doddle. Just watch out for ribbon cables (if any) because you really need to keep them intact; they aint that easy to repair at home ;)

Back
Top Bottom