Pioneer cdj repairs???

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Anyone know of a company/person who can do good cdj repairs.

My 800 mk 2 doesnt seem to want to read any of my cds :( so i think the laser might be bust - sad times :(

anyways any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

bout 2 fuckin weeks, and now i cant get intouch with the knob who sold it to me. so basically ive been mugged off

worst part about it is that i waited a year before i could actually afford to buy it :( so u can imagine how heartbreaking it is

worst part about it is that i waited a year before i could actually afford to buy it :( so u can imagine how heartbreaking it is

yeah man takes the piss, i'm currently saving for pioneers so if that was to happen to me once i have enough, i would be gutted too.

its sort of why i dont like buying 2nd hand, but the prices are so tempting lol

has anyone used that company before? I need to get my djm600 fixed as someone kindly poured a load of beer over it and some went in the channel 3 fader which is now all crackly, so I have to use a phono to line converter to use 3 decks, and it doesn't sound quite as good quality.

I emailed them about it and asked for a rough estimate of the price but they never replied so I wasn't all that keen on using them

£200 repair :( i think i might actualy throw myself off a bridge the way the last couple of weeks are going

some add off gumtree. it was some wierd creative studio in islington. im going up there over the weekend and break some legs. he has about 4ks worth of kit up there aswell incl 1210s so i might take jus help myself.

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

it actually reads one of my cdrw which cost me £2.50, however i only put 2 tunes on a cd and have about 400 cds so i dont think i can afford that many cdrws @ £2.50 each lol

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

to add to the trauma i found out last week that my missus spent the entire £400 that was given to us for xmas to build my custom studio desk :(

the one that pete @ tf posted on first page mate. The guy said its a shame i bought the mk2 because it only takes one type of laser and that itself is £150. if id got the mk1 it would of been about an £80 repair including parts. hmm fucked off much. seemed like a decent bloke tho. he said if i take the cdj up to his on sunday he'll clean it all out for £40 which might solve the problem but he cant guarentee. and if it does fix it it will only be temporary. and if it dont fix it then itll be a £200 repair :(

Last edited:
Bought a Numark Axis 9 deck to use as my 3rd deck (got it off gumtree too) and when i got it was not reading any cd's. Luckily I had only payed 50 quid for it and the guy who sold it to me refunded me when i told him it was broken..

I still kept the deck and downloaded this software update off numark.com burnt it a cd and popped it into the cdj to update it. I had to do this every time i wanted to use the cdj, boring but worth it. A couple weeks back i told my gf how lucky i was that i got refunded and the cdj still worked, but a couple days after it stopped working for ever. only got 2 decks which is fucking annoying. Im no pro dj but i feel like i cant just mix on 2 decks? does anyone feel the same way? i hate keeping tunes in for too long and not being able to double drop whenever i want or just have tunes ready to bring in.

Bought a Numark Axis 9 deck to use as my 3rd deck (got it off gumtree too) and when i got it was not reading any cd's. Luckily I had only payed 50 quid for it and the guy who sold it to me refunded me when i told him it was broken..

I still kept the deck and downloaded this software update off numark.com burnt it a cd and popped it into the cdj to update it. I had to do this every time i wanted to use the cdj, boring but worth it. A couple weeks back i told my gf how lucky i was that i got refunded and the cdj still worked, but a couple days after it stopped working for ever. only got 2 decks which is fucking annoying. Im no pro dj but i feel like i cant just mix on 2 decks? does anyone feel the same way? i hate keeping tunes in for too long and not being able to double drop whenever i want or just have tunes ready to bring in.

ye i much prefer being able to cue up other tracks without having to take a tune out too early. in a way its almost easier than trying to mix really quickly on 2 decks cos u can use easier cue points

this thread appears just as im gonna buy some second hand CDJ800 mk2s!

Also, where the hell are you buying CD-RWs for £2.50 from?! I can get 20 for a tenner!

Back
Top Bottom