pill 'ed soldiers

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by skope, Feb 18, 2005.

1. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

It does work... if you've got something sitting in you that you can't let out for some reason (shame, shyness) but need to and you take mdma (not speed ecstacy), it'll come out. Also helps put things into perspective.

The military uses a lot of drugs. Pilots regularly take amphetamines and other drugs to keep them going. The US pilot who took out a British APC in the first gulf war blamed his actions on the pills he was given.

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

I know what you mean Skope, it seems so wrong to be using this drug to essentially help soldiers get over killing people, especially as most governments are so overtly hostile to E culture in general. On the other hand, I can see why it may help, like Dustek says. I guess many people know MDMA was first used in a psychological context for marriage counselling, back decades ago.

Its all crazy .. :twitch:

4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Soldiers are trained to be tough and not to let their feelings get the better of them. Combine that with a macho culture and severe stress (not just from killing people but also from getting shot at) and you get a large proportion of veterans coming down with severe psychological and emotional problems. They come back from the wars, can't let out what they've got inside of them and explode or implode. Alcohol is accepted socially, lets them forget for a while so they drink a lot and end up alcoholics...

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

I read an interesting article ages ago, talking about how a lot of our modern drug slang comes from American GIs getting ripped (there's one) on tour and using war-like words to describe it eg. blasted, wasted, slaughtered etc.
    Fucked up times.