Picking tunes

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
Just wondered if the way anyone stores their records effects their mixing. For instance I have my decks on an ikea bookshelf thing which I keep my records in. Basically I have my records broken up into 12s and eps/lps in different holes in the bookshelf and I have just realised I play more tracks from eps/lps on the turntable above their hole.

bit weird and not important at all, but I wondered if anyone else did things like this?

Yeh I tend to pull for the easy to reach ones if I don't have anything specific in mind

I don't understand. Post a pic

With you in it

Mixing

Naked

You seem like the kinda guy that would do such a thing when called upon. Good to see you last night btw.

i've got all mine in a bag for life bag with a bit of cardboard in the middle, one side = rollers, the other side = minimal. takes me fucking ages to find what i want

No. Your weird :teeth:
Yeah you're a freak.
man how can you live like this

people think you're a weird freak hero :teeth: not me though!

I have a slight OCD with my records.
Anything I don't use/don't know why I have it/unmixable etc has a special shelf under my right hand turntable...
The 12" singles are all alphabetised by artists first name (So Alix Perez would be A). Single Artist EP's follow the Artists singles (So after all the Alix Perez 12's Dark Days EP is there)
All 10" records stay in a special crate alphabetised too.

LP's I arrange slightly differently. I can't honestly say I have many LP's where I constantly dig out loads of different tunes its just one record most of the time. (Good example is Anatomy LP - I really only use Warrior) So I have popped this into a sleeve and put it in alphabetically with the rest of the Calyx & Teebee stuff. The remainder of the LP's that I don't use goes under my left hand deck.

Long winded, but I know where everything is to a certain degree.

Back
Top Bottom