Piano scales and chords

i use and app called theory calculator on my phone. handy app.
nice to know music theory but dont get too stuck in.

I usually leave a tab with the scale I want to use opened on my browser, and try to work with it. I'll try those links you posted here! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot to mention absynth

u mad?

Plus, I don't have a superfast workflow with Absynth; usually takes a bit of skullduggery to get what I want out of it. But it just works so well that's why I recommend it a lot. And anything to do with chords and scales usually happens pre-synthesis so it'd be a little bit redundant to start listing great plug-ins that aren't relevant. If you were looking for a recommendation from me that's relevant to the topic I had I'd go with these:

1. The Ableton Live session thing I just posted (I'm pretty sure I saw someone that had the same kind of rig goin in FL, but don't quote me)
2. Xfer Records Chtulhu: really nice chord generator/arpeggiator; definitely worth a look if you're in the market for that sort of device

Learning chords and scales really helped me a few years ago. Knowing about the relative major or minor is great for changing the mood. A relative minor is a minor third below the 1st note of the major scale you're playing.

Back
Top Bottom