Piano scales and chords

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I usually leave a tab with the scale I want to use opened on my browser, and try to work with it. I'll try those links you posted here! Thanks!

spyre

sample all the things
VIP Junglist
Last edited by a moderator:

Dugg Funnie

VIP Junglist
You forgot to mention absynth
u mad?

Plus, I don't have a superfast workflow with Absynth; usually takes a bit of skullduggery to get what I want out of it. But it just works so well that's why I recommend it a lot. And anything to do with chords and scales usually happens pre-synthesis so it'd be a little bit redundant to start listing great plug-ins that aren't relevant. If you were looking for a recommendation from me that's relevant to the topic I had I'd go with these:

1. The Ableton Live session thing I just posted (I'm pretty sure I saw someone that had the same kind of rig goin in FL, but don't quote me)
2. Xfer Records Chtulhu: really nice chord generator/arpeggiator; definitely worth a look if you're in the market for that sort of device

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Learning chords and scales really helped me a few years ago. Knowing about the relative major or minor is great for changing the mood. A relative minor is a minor third below the 1st note of the major scale you're playing.