Dubstep Phyxion UK - Oregano [very funky!]

very funky indeed :D

at a few moments in the track the high tones are a bit loud,
you could lower them a little bit and in return raise the highhat level slightly.

thought that was mastered pretty well

i like what you did with the stereo, but felt it was a little too frequent (kinda lost its effect after a while)

Cheers for the reply man :) but i'm not quite sure what you mean? You mean the panning of the different synths?

yeah, i didnt know if it was panning or stereo imaging (or whatever, im a noob)

but basically the point i was making is that you've created a fat, wide sound with the whole mix, but because it ALL sounds wide, there isnt a contrast anymore between the wide and narrow (mono) parts

just my 0.02

very funky indeed, only crit would be i think the drums lack a bit of sparkle, id raise the hats and maybe try and get a bit more high end out of the snare,

love the stuttery bass bits, i think some of the bass bits go a bit high, maybe filter off a little bit of the highs?

dope tune man

yeah, i didnt know if it was panning or stereo imaging (or whatever, im a noob)

but basically the point i was making is that you've created a fat, wide sound with the whole mix, but because it ALL sounds wide, there isnt a contrast anymore between the wide and narrow (mono) parts

just my 0.02

Ah right i see what you mean, and i know what's to blame for that... I learnt to mix by making metal and i'm a huge metalhead so i'm used to panning the hell out of everything to create that nice big fat heavy sound, i guess that has rubbed off. I'll keep that in mind in future productions, thanks man!

very funky indeed, only crit would be i think the drums lack a bit of sparkle, id raise the hats and maybe try and get a bit more high end out of the snare,

love the stuttery bass bits, i think some of the bass bits go a bit high, maybe filter off a little bit of the highs?

dope tune man

Cheers mate, i'll have a play around with the drums, i'm new to using samples cause before i just used to use addictive drums which is more for acoustic drums. So yeah i'm still learning in that area! Thanks for the advice, much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom