Photos of the Sanctuary - as it is now

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by choons.net, Nov 14, 2004.

1. choons.net

choons.net New Member

On the way back from Swindon on Friday night, myself and Overlode decided to visit the old rave venue - The Sanctuary.
    It's quite blatantly been used as a squat since it's closure, and is a very eerie place now. Standing in the middle of the main dancefloor, remembering the times had there really was surreal - i'd recommend it to anybody!

Anyway, we took a few photos whilst we were there.... they're up on choons.net now - so head over and have a look!

Click on the 'Misc' gallery to get there....

http://choons.net/~v3/community/gallery/frames.php

2. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

we had a squat party in there the week after the final legal event. Managed to get busted quite seriously though.

Last party at the sanctuary though, 'ave it!

3. choons.net

choons.net New Member

Yeah, I heard about that!
    Shame it got busted, but someone had to try! ;)

4. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

Yeah mate, not enough people turned up. Im not sure if everyone truely believed it could be done. So they didn't bother turning up, disappointing...

5. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

that seems really weird jus lettin people walk in there (if thats the case!). so what the deal with the Sanctuary at the mo? Jus waitin to be demolished & built on?

6. choons.net

choons.net New Member

Would have been phat if you'd pulled it off!

Was it a planned multi-rigger? I had a few mates that went down, said there was some gabber playing when it got busted..

7. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

aye, it was planned.

Main room had a good 5 rigs in link. Enough sound to rock the room, gabba was being played at the beginning, but it was due to have all sorts, plenty of dnb.

There was a phat dnb rig setup in the reception, when ob turned up, that was the first thing they saw, didn't look so good.

But it was good whilst it lasted.

8. choons.net

choons.net New Member

We gained entry through a door that'd already been smashed up. All the alarms had been disabled too, so there wasn't any problem with the law.

Yeah, it's waiting to be demolished. The last I heard, Wimbeldon/whoever is developing the land are postponing the contruction due to Wimbledon now being in the whatever division it is they're in... as they don't really need a 30,000 seater stadium given their league position.