Photos of the Antidote's stay in Nanjing

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
I recently helped to promote a night in Nanjing for my friend Mike in Shanghai. He's part of the electronic outfit The Antidote, who are very big in the chinese underground scene and play everything from electro, minimal, glitch, dnb, idm, ambient and anything else they feel like. The group consists of: Ozone (Mike) from San Francisco USA, Emcore from Gansu China, B6 from Shanghai China, MhP from Shanghai China, and Amnjk from Tokyo Japan. They all currently reside in Shanghai China. It was their first time in Nanjing and the first stop for their national tour.

Their time here was great, they did press and radio interviews, and then on to the Castle for several hours of electronic madness. Big ups to Mike and the crew for sorting me out with a fantastic night which Nanjing sorely needed, some national press, and supplying the brews all night. I will be up to Shanghai shortly to do some dnb and ambient electronic stuff at one of their new nights. So keep your tateys peeled.

This is a photo diary of their day in Nanjing.
Photo Group 1
Photo Group 2
Photo Group 3

The Antidote's website

Download B6's new EP: My Post Rock Yard

Ozone (Mike)
ta155.jpg

Amnjk
ta150.jpg

Emcore
ta188.jpg

B6
ta317.jpg

MhP
ta253.jpg

From Left to Right: Hachile the manager, Mike Ozone, and me in my Star Wank teeshirt :slayer:
ta321.jpg

Me broking out to some Aphex Twin
ta327.jpg

The dancefloor
ta340.jpg

nice photos mate, you are keeping busy. interesting mix of tunes the guys like making/playing, is this cause china hasnt fragmented into various scenes? has it changed your view of music at all, going over there?

There is a thriving Dnb scene here in shanghai, phreaktion crew regularly throws some great parties with some mega acts showing up(LTJ, shyfx, LE and cyantific)

yu3yue said:
There is a thriving Dnb scene here in shanghai, phreaktion crew regularly throws some great parties with some mega acts showing up(LTJ, shyfx, LE and cyantific)

I know there is, I'm a friend of Jane and Haze. The guys who came to Nanjing for the gig above were were Mich Ohlsson (Ozone) and the Antidote, who regularly play at C's. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom