Photek - Hip-Hop Producer

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Ive never really got into Photeks stuff - not my style really, but I was watching “Platinum” on BBC3 last night, A Hip-hop industry-based series Directed by Sophia and Francis-Ford Copolla.

What i noticed was that all the music is done by Photek.

Its Laid-back, lazy hip hop beats with edge - has he been producing hip hop for long? has he done any work with artists that have been big? I heard hes been living in the USA for a while.

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
not sure really, but in a commercial-like interview he did for NI (about software and shit) he was on about maybe never going back to dnb....

it's a sad, sad day...

the hiphop he makes is very good though, class a!

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Photek (Do Or Die) was at Leeds festival at the weekend and was fooking awesome, its the only hip hop I've heard from Photek, I was well impressed :teeth:

Jerel

Yer mom
Hmm, I never heard of Photek doing hip-hop. I do know that he's billed for one of my area's biggest outdoor parties, happening at the end of September. I've sadly never seen Photek live, though I always wanted to. Now, it makes me even more curious, just to see what he's gonna play.

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
He still playes dnb, when Do Or Die had finished, he stayed on stage and played a dnb set. I think he's going a bit Adam F at the mo, production-wise.

Indi said:
Photek (Do Or Die) was at Leeds festival at the weekend and was fooking awesome, its the only hip hop I've heard from Photek, I was well impressed :teeth:
i saw him at reading last weekend. the first bit of his set was really hip hoppy, but the end of it was very dnb. had to say i thought the guy was amazin and enjoyed all of it. the hip hop and the dnb. lookin forward to what he does next.

Serum

VIP Junglist
A mate of mine said he saw Photek DJing and he played a load of really crap RnB records.
Sounds suspicious

Mind you I thought Adam F's hiphop was a load of old crap, not into all this "epic" sounding stuff with all the orchestras and choirs and shit, it's a bit of a penis extension of the musical kind

That doesn't sound like photek tho I have to say, I hope he's still on form