Philth – Your Love / Souzou Dispatch LTD (Interview and Guest mix)

InReach

Philth--620x400.jpg

Your Love / Souzou’ is a huge release by Philth that recently dropped on Dispatch Recordings. In light of this release, and the immeasurable excitement surrounding Philth, we thought it would be best to have a chat with him – and he left us with an exclusive guest-mix!

Highly renowned for his releases, Philth is also equally respected for his talents behind the decks. A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to catch him playing at Plan B. This was no ordinary set… ok, there was the slightly unusual presence of Philth masks, but what really stood out to me was the widespread and inescapable buzz, omnipresent throughout the venue.

Reflecting on my experiences when first delving into the world of drum and bass – there seems to have been a raw and abstract energy at those initial raves. Maybe this is because it was the ‘honeymoon’ period… Or maybe it’s because those first few events were jump-up (guilty)… But I found the spirit at those parties, the excitement in the new and still to be discovered translated into energy indefinable and almost unmatchable. No, Philth didn’t play jump-up. What I’m trying to get at, is that the elation surrounding him and his set was so powerfully consuming the feeling amongst the crowd was entirely electrifying and struck a chord with how I felt at those first few nights.

really good interview, loving both tracks. Never really heard of philth before but will be keeping an eye out for him now. Looking forward to his work with Collette Warren, great vocalist

Back
Top Bottom