Philosophy thread

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by modern, Jul 19, 2012.

1. modern

modern Member

Philosophy thread?

Tell me what your thoughts are on the human condition, how relevant we are too each other and the world. What do you believe?

No fighting, gentleman. This is a no eye gouging match.

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i like to ride my bicycle, philanthropically philosophising about phosphorus cheeses.

3. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

/thread

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  4. Catsel

:word:

5. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

fighting in the name of peace. could never figure that one out.

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

You see when something's not working right, the best thing to do is tear it apart to make it better

drop dead fred

7. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate — and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes."

Gary.

fractal likes this.
  8. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I hope you all die of cancer.

Decipher...

9. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

This is pretty much close to win.

10. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

i am rather fascinated by existentialism, most particularly the work of Nietzsche. im still studying at the moment but i'd love to have a conversation about it. i feel as you mention the "human condition" that his thesis of Herd Animal and the master/slave morality may be of relevance. do you have a particular area of philosophy you are interested in and would like to discuss? Maybe the Cogito Ergo Sum would be a good place to start? hehe

11. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Yes, let us all mass debate.

Maybe start off by having a mass debate about the bajango consequence theory followed by us mass debating over the wonwau zudau

12. modern

modern Member

I like Nietzsche's work too. A lot of what you said has a lot of interest to me! So, share me an opinion on something you've been thinking about lately

13. d-low

Wow thats great. Hm, well if i may paste a passage from Beyond Good and Evil,

"The falseness of a judgement is not necessarily an objection to a judgment: it is here that our new language perhaps sounds strangest. The question is to what extent it is life-advancing, life-preserving, species-preserving, perhaps even species-breeding; and our fundamental tendency is to assert that the falsest judgements (to which synthetic judgments a priori belong ) are the most indispensable to us, that without granting as true the fictions of logic, without measuring reality against the purely invented world of the unconditional and self-identical, without a continual falsification of the world by means of numbers, mankind could not live - that to renounce false judgements would be to renounce life, would be to deny life. To recognize untruth as a condition of life: that, to be sure, means to resist customary value-sentiments in a dangerous fashion; and a philosophy which ventures to do so places itself , by that act alone, beyond good and evil."

To simplify what that means to me would be saying; 'your false judgements are what make you "you" and so those are the most valuable to yourself, despite no real search for the truth..'
    But i am still confused about what he means ALOT of the time it is almost cryptic in his writing!!
    theres a lot of dfferent ideas referenced in there, it may sound very pessimistic or just not make much sense. maybe a short example of why people have what they call "gut instinct",

Does that make any sense to you atall??

What have you been thinking about lately, my good man??

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  14. modern

modern Member

I see what you're trying to say about humans today. But in what sense are they refusing to learn? About themselves? About right and wrong, morality, the burds and the beez? Todays generation makes a lot of mistakes, we have Justin Beaver, Cyrus, lookin' mother fuckers. I mean, girls cry when they see Justin Bieber, a lot of this is subjective. But what I'm saying is, this generation is no different to any other. The only thing that's changed is what's in your left and right hand. And not your penis. Past generations used to hold stone tools, then we went onto Egyptians, etc. The long line of history, and todays generation, is mainly an xbox controller, and a joint, lol. Not much has changed since the 70s except technology and the restriction to do with rules, etc. lol. Kids these days, in my opinion, can't learn independence, well a lot of them, a majority. Kids are fucking up more than ever, because they're too stupid to observe their actions, their words, and their consequences. My 2cents, though. With the pessimism, I don't really believe in optimism or pessimism. I go more by logical reasoning, not to say I'm good at it, or right all the time. But it gives me a clear away from conflicting shit, more patient that way. It's not a aspect of survival of the self, more so of the ego, or ignorance. Would you like the blue pill, or the red pill? ;)

Society is just begging for a change. Mankind hasn't changed much. Every feeling, every thought, the space you occupy, has been occupied before in another time. Your feelings and thoughts have most likely been felt or thought of before. The insignificance out of most the laws we live by, such as morality, etc. are so easily subjected. What gives life that chase, is like, it's not that we don't know the meaning, it's the possibilities of them all.

I kinda drifted, but that's what happens when you ask this back when I'm currently.. Influenced for a few hours.

15. d-low

well you seem to have gone off on one there but i like your style... say i completely agree with your first point actually, well i wouldnt say that "kids now days" are any different, than they might have ever been, always average, the average human is just as intelligent as they were 2200 years ago, only we have been given more toys to play with. the difference is that now like you say they have an xbox and a joint, we cant possibly break through the paradigms of life that are created, just every now and then a few very very intelligent people crop up, who change the entire world, but how often those people appear?? Not very often.. Nietzsche and Darwin were the 2 most recent, who killed god, so to speak. But as far as society is concerned, going back to that, 99% will never change,

Also i have to disagree with you on a massive point that i dont think 2 thngs are ever exactly the same, or more precisely that you can occupy the same space twice ever, and no event ever happens twice, purely because of the way the universe is expanding and the way we rotate around a solar system around a big ass galaxy we never actually occupy the same space twce so its impossible for anything to actually be physically repeated. you are moving through the universe at thousands of miles an hour but relative to the earth you dont experience it.

lol i have to give myself credit that is some major bullsht we are talking right now and i wsh i was as high as you

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  16. d-low

how did this go from philosophy thread to absolutely tripping balls thread i have no idea!!

17. d-low

Oooh ive got another good one for you

Emptyness is Form...

What you think of that?

18. modern

modern Member

That was awesome. I actually agree now and see your point. So are you speaking in the 4th dimension then? Time changes space. And I'm nearly out.

19. modern

modern Member

Form of what, so to speak?

20. Catsel

form of ... a dragon!