phasing in drum beats

JungleFever

VIP Junglist
Hi, I use fruity loops and recenty I been tryin to figure out how you would phase in my beat?

I mean by starting at zero volume and slowly phasing into the normal beat..

if anyone can help me out id appreciate it

cheers fellas!:confused:

You mean Fading, not phrasing.

And i'm not of FL but I guess you just need to automate the volume slider at the points you want it go up.

^^this

easy way to do it is to bounce however many bars you want to fade in over to a wav file, then load that up as a sample, right click the volume knob and then 'create automation clip' you can click in the bit of the screen above the split it will chuck you a volume envelope. you can then adjust your volume to fade in as you wish. (you can also do it by routing the wav to a mixer channel and automating that volume control in the same way)

there's more than likely a much easier way to do this but i normally seem to find the long way round!

^^this

easy way to do it is to bounce however many bars you want to fade in over to a wav file, then load that up as a sample, right click the volume knob and then 'create automation clip' you can click in the bit of the screen above the split it will chuck you a volume envelope. you can then adjust your volume to fade in as you wish. (you can also do it by routing the wav to a mixer channel and automating that volume control in the same way)

there's more than likely a much easier way to do this but i normally seem to find the long way round!

Why would you need to bounce it out to a wav first? You can automate the volume or any other dial straight off the bat.

Why would you need to bounce it out to a wav first? You can automate the volume or any other dial straight off the bat.

definitly the easiest way to do it

personally I prefer not to touch the channel faders except for the final stage of mixdown, just makes life simpler knowing I dont have to worry about screwing up automation later on

Back
Top Bottom