Phaser, chorus and saturation

jakeshiftzw

Shiftz
My question is;

What do all these do, and whats the best way to use these effects?

Phaser, Chorus and Saturation.

Im using Logic Pro 8 Btw. I've also found that there is no 'Saturation' plug-in as such on Logic, so what would i use instead?

Cheers, guys.

are there sends on logic? like a dry/wet knob?

there is no best way, it depends on the sound and what you want to achieve and blah blah the best way is chorus before distortion and then phaser, should you need it. but only on the high frequencies.

Yeah saturation in Logic... I think the Exciter provides a form of saturation if I'm not mistaken... I don't use it though, I have Logic too but I use external plugins for most stuff really... Camel Space has a wicked saturator and exciter, works lovely if used in tiny amounts

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

And phasing / chorus, I think the main purpose is either to add more movement to your sound- making it more alive, and they also help sounds blend in to your mix easier

its basically overdrive. if you max it out it becomes distortion. in all situations, when you want a sound louder, use overdrive (saturation) instead of volume boost. it is maximum and ultimate.

yeah the overdrive in logic is pretty good if used subtley

honestly just play around with em and use your ears, they all do different things and can be used on anything you want. learn the sound then youll learn when to apply it and when.

saturation is very useful though, great for beefing up beats and bass. also analog saturation sounds fookin wicked on a midrange bassline after some resampling and filtering at the end of the chain ;)

its basically overdrive. if you max it out it becomes distortion. in all situations, when you want a sound louder, use overdrive (saturation) instead of volume boost. it is maximum and ultimate.

To add, it also adds a bit of harmonics to whatever sound you're running through it. Definitely follow the less is more when using it, as a little bit goes a long way.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom