Phantom Warrior (rolling drum and bass)

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Hello all, havnt posted a track here for a while so thought I'd grace you lovely lot with my new piece. I've gone back to the drum and bass after my last two have been dubstep.

I'm currently trying new mixdown techniques to what I'm used to doing so any comments on that would be fantastic, although any comment about anything is greatly appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-phantom-warrior

Last edited:
I had a listen and thought the mixdown was pretty good (y)

I'll have another listen some time, listening to all the comp tunes at the minute.

i like it man, like the vibe to it... wud drop this fo sure. maybe switch up the bassline a bit, some vocals could work well too.
cant comment on mixdown but soundin good through my speakers!

on my headphones, the mix sounds good. worst case scenario, the drums are a little flat. i will try to remember to check it again later out loud (when the wife gets up). i also agree that a vocal could help this. i do like the track, though...looking forward to hearing a final version.

Yeah I noticed that too, I think it could possibly be my low end snare layer clashing with my layered punchy kick. I'll have to go back and take a look at it.

Thanks for the feedback. My mixdowns have always let me down in the past, and I'm really trying to focus more on them, so to hear that they sound clear from a guy as talented as you means alot to me....thank you.

to me this track is a bit too repetitive, you could make it more interesting by adding some sweeps and changes... It's a roller, yes i know... but noise sweeps, vocal stabs (which already was stated before), and reverb hits could get the listener stuck to the song not wanting to fast forward it because you'll be like: "I won't fastforward because it's interesting to see what's going to be the next change in the song"
also background ambient effects are good.
Haven't you ever listened to a song for so many times, and after these so many times, you listen to it again in a different audio system (another headphones or so) and you notice there's something you haven't known it was there? and then that song still stays in the top of your favourites for the very creativity.
Hope that helped.

The drums are actually pretty good man, best from you that ive heard

i think they could still do with some subtle hi end in there though

A nice little thing i do a lot for some nice hi end is to, get a nice break with some really nice hi end in there
dist the fuck out of it and pull it right right back so its so subtle, will make the hi end jus sound that bit brighter

Bassline is kool, needs something else working with it though to really bring it out

Does get a little repetative after a while but good effort man

Mix isnt too bad at all so id say concentrate on ur wrting rather than mixdowns ;)

yeah man i like it, sounds pretty crisp over here, the snares maybe a little flat and as zeal mentioned it could do with some sparkle in the highs, the high passed distorted break allways works a treat ;)

but yeah its a good track mate

00:39 - 00:45 It works, but it feels a little flat to me, could use with another Swell type sound imo.

The Drop on 1:10 is solid... love the Nuskool Bline!
Prod sounds clean as can be in my Headphones, Love the SD! And the Delayed Layer on the Snare works really well: it adds good movement.

That Bass is right in the goojer = perfection.
Right on 2:40, I wanted something BIG to smack me... a big Verbed SD or some kind of Hit.... something... and again on 3:02. Imo, it'd give much more impact to the Drop on 3:16.

The Bass changeups at 3:16 onward are welcome.
Man... I didn't see how you were going to exit sooo quickly but you pulled it off really well.
I'd enjoy mixing out of this anyday.

I would have enjoyed a Lead somewhere but this was jammin regardless.
Solid Nuskool Roller! Total jam as always.
Prod overall is very clean.

:fantasticwork:

I'll agree with Zeal here fletch, you're getting great mixdowns lately, maybe time to focus on arrangement? Something I'm struggling with atm hehe..

You saying my arrangement is shit?.........lol.....just kidding! ;)

Yeah I hear ya, guess I should focus more on the actual structure of my tracks now I'm getting better at the mixdowns

nice tune, feelin the bass :) rolls along nicely, i like the hats in the intro, the whole tune has a nice feel to it imo. mixdown wise it all sounds pretty tight to me. nice drop at 3.17, good evolution after too. good work all round i'd say :D

Back
Top Bottom