Phace - So Excited / Lit Up - NSGNL012

Not really blown away by this, I think I prefer So Excited though. That imbecile pitched up snare on Lit Up is really annoying. Would be nice if the harder stuff would stop using it as well as triplets again for some time.

Not so excited about this release, don't think I'll bother with it. First time i've turned down a Phace tune in over 10 years, sadly I think this maybe the future of one of my old favorite artists...

Wish Phace would make some more restrained tunes like NO! or Cold Champagne which are some of the best neuro ever released imo. This kind of full-on stuff is getting pretty stale... or more likely, I'm just getting too old for all this noise

Wish Phace would make some more restrained tunes like NO! or Cold Champagne which are some of the best neuro ever released imo. This kind of full-on stuff is getting pretty stale... or more likely, I'm just getting too old for all this noise

Funny you say that coz i've been thinking the same for the last 18 months. Am I just getting old or is Neuro just shit theses day's? But I think it's fair to say that most people are saying the same thing. I'm 35 & i've got a close mate who's 25, he says the exact same thing without me prompting him or giving him my opinion on it. Had a chat with a producer which is the same age the other week & he said the same. So maybe neuro is actually just really stale right now & it needs someone to get in there, stop the over produced bullshit, & put back what has been lost.

Lit Up is very very good. Actually pretty different. I like the start of So Excited, but not really the rest of it.

After being a massive fan of neuro, my opinions changing. i went to a blackout night in fabric recently and it genuinely sounded like the same 5 tunes were being played over and over again. The big build ups either lead to the same triplet drop or a big stabby mefjus esq tune. Bring back the breaks, aka the funk of neurofunk

Some producers still kill it, but i feel like theres too many copy cats (obv not phace hes badman)

Back
Top Bottom