PEZ - At The Club (ARTFX Official Remix)

I like the idea of the track but I think you should spend some more time on it, particularly on the drums, they sound kinda flat. Maybe some more reverb on the snare?

I like the kick you used!

The drums sound flat? What do you mean with that?
I'll try a version with more reverb on the snare.

Last edited:
Don't have much to say besides the structure is a bit strange its kinda like there isn't a main part of the tune just seems to switch off to a intro/break quiet a few times and kinda leaves me wanting more of the meat of the tune.

The drums sound flat? What do you mean with that?
I'll try a version with more reverb on the snare.

You should probably lower the volume of the kick and snare so that your drums sound more 'intergrated' in the song if you know what i mean. Just my 2 cents mate :)

edit: after listening to it again, maybe add some more bass/low end to the kick, perhaps an 808 below it with the 'out' knob at about 12 o clock?

Goodluck

Last edited:
You should probably lower the volume of the kick and snare so that your drums sound more 'intergrated' in the song if you know what i mean. Just my 2 cents mate :)

edit: after listening to it again, maybe add some more bass/low end to the kick, perhaps an 808 below it with the 'out' knob at about 12 o clock?

Goodluck

Listen: the bass contains quite some sub, so throwing a sub in my kick would cause phasing issues in the low end.
If I lower the volume of the kick and snare the sub becomes to loud compared to the drums, if I lower the sub there isn't enough sub bass in it.
So I'm probably gonna stick with this setup.

Listen: the bass contains quite some sub, so throwing a sub in my kick would cause phasing issues in the low end.
If I lower the volume of the kick and snare the sub becomes to loud compared to the drums, if I lower the sub there isn't enough sub bass in it.
So I'm probably gonna stick with this setup.

Sidechain that basterd! Yes, they do sidechain in Dubstep.. Just ask Cookie and Skrillex!

As for the volume of your bass. What i find very useful is lowering the volume on the masterchannel till about 80%. Ill let the actual sub peak at -10db. then the 'dirt' wobbelbass sound i let that peak at -14 ish. The kick and snare peak around -8db ish and it will leave you enough headroom for other effects.. if you cut some unnecessary frequenties that is.

Okay sidechaining might be the last thing I could do, about the rest you said I already knew that.
But yeah this tune is already sent out for mastering and release so don't spend any more time on it.
Maybe I'll do a revisited version someday. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom