Perspective - The Trip to Las Vegas

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
Ok, this isn't a finished track yet, this is something I've been working on for a few weeks. I need a little advice on this though - it feels like it is missing something in the top/mid area, and I'm not sure what to add.

I'm also unsure how to arrange it all, I want to have a buildup, drop, long break, drop, shorter break then end but I'm getting confused working out how to do it!

Anyway, have a listen and tell me what you think. This is the first tune I've managed to cobble together myself so be gentle ;)

http://www.divshare.com/download/5352008-4ec

I uploaded it as a 320 so bear with it downloading, its about 9M.

Any advice or constructive criticisms are welcome :)

Cheers

eazy mate. sorry pal been busy lately.
like the fear and loathing sample. Drums are very quiet.
lacks variation really. If what you want to make is an instrumental track, maybe lose the drums altogether. Make it into a sort of trippy lament.
lose the non-existant drums and work in some trippy high pitched sounds.
It's a long way off from being a dancefloor track. But that doesnt mean it can't be a sort of psy-trance track. Maybe put in a deep 4x4 beat.
good luck mate.

cheers for that :y:

well I want to keep it breakbeat if I can, not so bothered about it being a dancefloor slammer, i think i'd need a few more years before i could manage that :p this was more of a test of what i'v learnt in the last few months.

with the variation, do you mean in terms of the melody/bass or the beat?

I'll work on the drums, I think it also needs another element to it like some more varied hi hats, or even some sort of reverse snare type thing before the second kick (is that how it is done? have a listen to the first 16 bars of Labyrinth by Danny Byrd to see what I mean).

I was having a go at some trippy high end stuff with Audjoo Helix but I can't get the hang of it. Can you recommend a synth for doing that kind of thing?

thanks again!

ill be honest mate.
It's all experimentation. i could name a synth, but if it doesnt eq correctly into your track then its pointless.
where in pompey are ya? i live in milton.
by variation i mean the main tune of the track. too much of a good thing an all

ok cool, i get what ya mean its all about how it fits in with the rest of it. Ah well I'll find some time and get to work on it again...

i live in southsea, few doors down from the Fawcett Inn. if you fancy it we should get together for a mix or something, i bet i could learn a bit off you :)

deffo mate.
not a dj myself. just production for me mate at the mo.
will gladly help you out with that tho. what prog are you using?

fl studio mainly but i've been playing with the Ableton Live demo quite a bit and I like it quite a bit although the workflow takes some getting used to.

well i use fl studio mainly. Can find my way round it pretty good now.
If you want pm me your phone number and i'll give you a buzz.
drop in some time. show you what i know. Give you some pointers mate.
speak soon fella.

Back
Top Bottom