Permission on Vocal Sample

hey man,i think you could get away with the sample.... tune needs some work yet tho :) hats and drums dont sound as clear or dynamic as you could get them, i would work on the drums

Right now it is more worrying the sample than the drums etc. it not yet ready, still needs minor finishing touches :) but thanks still for the short analysis.

If you are just going to keep this as a bootleg up on your soundcloud I would not worry too much what you have used is short and you have altered it, although I dont think this is enough to consider it your own.

If you plan to release this someday then I would go with the good karma approach and clear it. If a label was interested in the track maybe they would pay to clear it but I wouldnt know that would be something to ask one of the bigwigs.

Basically good karma in this game goes a long way, if you used the sample then state that you used it and do not accept money for the work until its cleared.

I also would have to agree with Evezdroppin and just focus on your track in the meantime, once the tune is finished you can look at where it sits and wether you want to push it out to labels and need to look into clearing your sample.

By the way I dont know who the sample is at all from listening, in saying that I dont feel like that fact should make any difference, if it was my voice I would at least want to be credited in the tracks info and shown some royalty love if it was monetized.

Good luck on finishing the track tho bro let us know what you end up doing!

If you are just going to keep this as a bootleg up on your soundcloud I would not worry too much what you have used is short and you have altered it, although I dont think this is enough to consider it your own.

If you plan to release this someday then I would go with the good karma approach and clear it. If a label was interested in the track maybe they would pay to clear it but I wouldnt know that would be something to ask one of the bigwigs.

Basically good karma in this game goes a long way, if you used the sample then state that you used it and do not accept money for the work until its cleared.

I also would have to agree with Evezdroppin and just focus on your track in the meantime, once the tune is finished you can look at where it sits and wether you want to push it out to labels and need to look into clearing your sample.

By the way I dont know who the sample is at all from listening, in saying that I dont feel like that fact should make any difference, if it was my voice I would at least want to be credited in the tracks info and shown some royalty love if it was monetized.

Good luck on finishing the track tho bro let us know what you end up doing!

Will do tell you once I'm 100% satisfied and finished :)

Back
Top Bottom