People thinking music isnt a real carear. . .

Conrad

All you upcoming producers and djs etc, dont you get pissed off when you tell people that u want to be involved in the music industry and you can tell they are just like " yeah but that wont ever happen " they dont say it but you can tell they think it...

Fuck Uni, i been to college and studyed music tech, music is the only thing i love and the only thing i can concentrate on without getting bored shitless.

anyone else feel the same?

go for it fella* if you know your shit,try and get yourself a job as a sound engineer at a club or something, it'd be a good way to meet a lot of people in the scene

ahaha well i wouldnt say i was shit and useless at everything else, im a bright dude but i cant be fucked with pie charts and what happened it 1645 etc etc.

Yeah networking with people is definately the way forward!

I say go for it!
Its a very tough industry to get into and i've often thought about trying to get into something like that and making a carrer of it, but I don't think I could pull it off...
You gotta chase your dreams though mate, if your determined enough, you'll do good (y)

i feel the same. and id love to work in the industry, but realistically, it is quite unlikely. although thats not a reason to not go for it. i mean music is my passion, and if i could produce for a living, id be over the moon, but making enough money to live, eat, pay rent, pay bills ect. isnt gonna happen in drum and bass, at least not until you've been around for a while, got a name for yourself and start getting booked to dj all the time. so the best of luck to you. but its gonna take alot of graft.

yeah thats the thing i wouldnt mind doing shitty jobs whilst working hard on music too. but hopefully one day ill get a job in the industry that pays the bills, i dont wanna be rich, i just wanna live well by doing the thing i love.

Totally agree with most of that - networking is the most important thing, esp in electronic music, much more important than getting a music degree or college courses (I think music can't be examined - its too much a matter of opinion as to whether something is any good..)

But yeah making money from music is difficult, but definately rewarding if you're committed enough..

Back
Top Bottom