people attitudes now days

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by spiderfran286, Nov 29, 2010.

1. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

we have snow in sheff today, i dont know if any1 else has it, but today for me summed up the backwards mentality people have today. if there is an opportunity to cop out, people cop out.

every status first thing this morning was people talking about wagging work/uni/whatever.

when i left the house for college there was about 2mm of snow and all the roads clear anyway.....

my mate hit nail right on the head....he said "we'd have never beaten the germans in WWII with the attitude this society has"

rant over....

2. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Fran, once you get a real job, not this silly college thing, you'll be the same.

:)

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

fiar enough... but one thing i always say to people who say 'people are not as good as they were back in world war two/the fifties etc'

i agree, i wish we could return to a time of sexism, lynching black people, homophobia, the death penalty... things would be so much better!

4. spiderfran286

dont think so pal, i used to just sit about wasting my time, but realised in the last year you have to get up off ur arse and fucking do something with your life. i know you feel the same way about lazy fuckers Borf, i know u do

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

yeah the others are wrong but capital punishment should be still used for peados anyway....

5. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Sure is moaning northerner in here

6. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Yeh, but this is different.

It's a couple of days off work, not a life on benefits!

7. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

I work hard at in my job and do actually quite enjoy it most of the time………..but if I have the chance of a day off, why the hell not……..having said that, we have 7-8 inch of it here and im still at work

8. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

What if said 14 year old girl made up her teacher or whoever fucks her and it's believable, but he's actually innocent?

9. Yorkshire Tony

People's attitudes who scum on the dole all the time are the problem, not full time workers who take the odd day off……as fo0r people 'wagging' college, who cares? Students don’t do sod all anyway

10. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Yeh, same here man.

11. spiderfran286

dna evidence.....take a swab sample from the vaginal canal.....who knows...im no gynaecologist

the people who claim benefits at the minute aint just necessary people sponging....because of the sorry state of the country people from all walks of life are currently sat on benefits, i know this is true in sheffield anyway, hardly any real jobs at all..... and when i say real jobs i mean careers, not just a shitty job flipping burgers or cleaning toilets....ive seen people in job centers desperate for work. ive seen people way over qualified being told they have to apply for jobs in mcdonalds....so dont just blame "people on benefit" for the problems our society has....blame the fuckers who are forcing businesses to close because of massive "miss-management" by our own government. not just labour, going back the last 25-30 years all this country has done is go downhill and its in no way the fault of jobless people....

12. emy

emy Member

Its like most things, you find out on facebook first, eg. it has snowed

Or maybe I seriously have a problem that I open my laptop before my curtains...

13. Subjekt Music

Depends which curtains you mean though....

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

bollocks... if you are fucking desperate for a job you will work at maccy d's! we are in a global economic recesion (eye of the storm actually), and its going to get worse! why people expect jobs is beyond me, its a priviledge, not a right! if times are really bad (like the depression between WW1 & WW2) then people should be selling their cars, giant tv's and the like... most people have it way sweeter than in a real depression! (which actually back up your point about WW2)

anyway, back on topic... i work fucking hard for my company and i am in the fortuante few who is in an industry not badly affected by the recession, but for the hard work i put in (unpaid overtime) and the amount they take the piss, i think if it snows, i'm having that day off! what i dont get is people who dont want a day off cos its snowing!

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

?

[​IMG]

15. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I make the effort to go in aslong as others do...

Apart from 2 people here, I live the furthest from work right out in the sticks, minimal gritting, roads are treachorous at the best of times...

I could have blagged it today, I just stop when people that live 10 miles away stop coming in, simply because if key peeps ain't there, I can't do my job anyway!

But this thread will develop Cancer super quick, guaranteed.

So i'm going to call you a moaning northern sponger student & be done with it.

16. spiderfran286

i know people have it sweeter, people just dont seem to realise that they do have it so sweet these days....its about people who are too self centred selfish, and above all want everything for nothing, all play and no work for most people, wrong wrong wrong......and its not just "spongers" who have this attitude. that is all am saying.

17. Yorkshire Tony

I agree with Rich, a guy who i studied with for a few years is near as damn it a fully qualified accountant (has one more exam to sit in May), he got made redundant from his firm last Aug and is currently working in Tescos distribution centre because its a job........fuck whether ya over qualified or not, you should have some pride in the fact you're working...........

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

What does your week consist of Fran?

18. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

19. Subjekt Music

It's like my dad's last days in here

20. spiderfran286

thats my point when i say people desperate for work, they are taking any job. my point was not everybody on benefits is just sponging.....

and consists of college in the week and then every other sat go watch wednesday and thats about it...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010