Pendulum!

<3 I love that track so much.

I especially like the fact they used a song from the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film for this one. It brought back some good memories.

did u ko they didnt get sample clearence for that..

Right alot of people seem to make up their own quotes for what Rob Swire actually said so I will repost the actuall quotes:

"Okay, I’ve had just about enough of this."

“I don’t mind when people aren’t particularly fond of our tracks - with every tune we make I go through different stages of loving it and hating it, so I can empathise with pretty much every comment made so far.

“The only comments I don’t get are the ones saying we’ve ‘sold out’.

“I define ‘selling out’ as not only making music for profit, but also making ANYTHING you don’t really want to make for ANY reason (including fame, pleasing fans, staying true to a genre, or un-necessarily repeating yourself out of fear of progression).

“The only way I think I could have really ‘sold myself out’ is if I had made any more tracks that sounded like vault / another planet / still grey etc."

“Those tunes are cool for what they are, but I’ve moved on in both my musical taste / influences, and my ambitions for this group…

“If you want to blame anyone for our change in direction, blame Led Zeppelin, The Shadows, The Surf Coasters, Dead Kennedys, Dick Dale, Howlin’ Wolf, Weather Report, Tool, In Flames, Herb Alpert, Underoath and all the other stuff I’ve been listening to instead of drum and bass.

“We have fended the vultures off this project so much that it would probably fill a novel if I tried to explain it all.

“All I’ll say is, I wanted to make every single thing we’ve ever put out.

“Saying we ‘sold out’ is talking out your ass.

“I never wanted to make straight up dnb — it was never on the cards.

“Oh, and by the way - I’m not sure if drum and bass is dead or dying (I’ve been in the studio / on tour too long to tell).

“However, if your genre was flimsy enough to be knocked over by ONE SINGLE RECORDING ARTIST who happened to - god forbid - sell some fucking records for the first time in about 5/6 years, then I’m glad it was us that got to drive the final stake through its stale pig shit heart - and good riddance.

“Wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again.’

Anyone says they sold please pay particular attention to the bold text... Also his dig was not at drum & bass, it was at the people who have slated them for doing something they love... They were a band before dnb an they have gone back to being a band. I dont see the problem that everyone has with them

i have listened ot some of their tunes as suggested. and to be honest i thought vault and some of the other old ones were good. also the spech above i respet that they have done wha they like.

did u ko they didnt get sample clearence for that..

how could it possibly have been released without clearance?

rob swire was right besides completly insulting the people who made him.
im guessing they got so much stick that they just couldnt see the good side of anything..

i agree with not changing your sound for anyone and doing what only you want to do musically, but theres only so many excuses u can make for this particula 1.

bottom line music speaks for itself and if in silico was good people would like it no matter what genre it was trying to be, if the music was good people would like it simple as.. i dont GIVE A FUCK if its not dnb if its still good u kno

Last edited:
its happened before. T.I released live your life without clearence for the sample from dragosta din tei and had to change the song when released after a while.

I remember about 5/6 years ago, Fresh made a tune and he called it Space Oddysey, and it had the intro music from the Space Oddysey film as the intro, and it was the nuts. But cos he couldnt get copyright clearance the intro had to be changed, and Dillinja (cos its signed to Valve) changed the intro himself and made it complete gash. Its now called Formula 1.

pendulum are shit

:-/

pendulum are the absolute world class producers, and non of you will ever be as good, Ever.

there's my 10 pence worth.

they might not be underground dnb like many want them to be but they alone have raised the bar on the production quality all over the world.

and there dubstep track is Banging. as usuall.

big up pendulum.

world class act.

yeah released it on to his album then it was released with the start bit going "mia hee mia hoo mia ha mia haha" but had to change it to "mia hee mia ha mia hoo mia haha" to avoid copyright and stuff

Imo, all the tunes they made before In Silico were good.. nothing to throw away, almost everytime it was a banger.

I also think that In Silico is a good album.. but I would've prefered it wasn't "Pendulum" that was wrote on the top of the cover :/

Imo, all the tunes they made before In Silico were good.. nothing to throw away, almost everytime it was a banger.

I also think that In Silico is a good album.. but I would've prefered it wasn't "Pendulum" that was wrote on the top of the cover :/

I dont get it, I really dont, people need to accept that these lott "pendulum"

kick arse, its good music, and as they put it, its music that people will listen to no matter what your into.

I think britney spears is shit, but I wouldent argue with over a million fans.

:p

i almost respected pendulum for that speach cus im fine with what they do if thats really what they wanna produce. until what he said towards the end. just was not called for :ban:

“Oh, and by the way - I’m not sure if drum and bass is dead or dying (I’ve been in the studio / on tour too long to tell).

“However, if your genre was flimsy enough to be knocked over by ONE SINGLE RECORDING ARTIST who happened to - god forbid - sell some fucking records for the first time in about 5/6 years, then I’m glad it was us that got to drive the final stake through its stale pig shit heart - and good riddance.

“Wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again.’

i almost respected pendulum for that speach cus im fine with what they do if thats really what they wanna produce. until what he said towards the end. just was not called for :ban:

They have every right to say that, how many people do you think said to them they are ruining drum and bass? Thats what they are replying to, he's just saying if it has took just them to destroy a genre (which they havent if anything they improved it) then he's glad they did. He knows the statements rediculous and that one group of people cant kill a genre.

I have to agree with you...although I think he does exceptionally well to drum some of the Pendulum tracks live.

i disagree on the second part mate..i know a few drummers who can keep at a dnb tempo and be consistent. Metal is faster sometimes.
Kodish's rhythm is pretty awful at times.

Back
Top Bottom