PENDULUM

Personally I think, although they have production skills beyond belief, that they are becoming far too commercial and are no longer part of the underground DnB scene.

They have taken it to the extreme, with tunes being played on daytime radio 1 etc. but there are far better/more imaginative producers out there.

Most of their older tunes e.g. vault, submarines were half decent, but the newer stuff e.g. blood sugar is so cheesy, its no wonder its getting played on radio 1!!

Simple as that... :thumbsd:

No offence intended, I just want to let you know that in my opinion Pendulum are going downhill...

m8 r u being serious. i dont think so. pendulum aint anywhere near the biggest thing, i aint sayin they are useless but lets just say their djing skills leave a lot to be desired and 2 be honest in my opinion there are a lot better producers out there. they played in reading last night and it was swag. its quite amusing that u would even post such a silly comment but hey i suppose your just reppin your country and all that. you must be from another planet comin up with comments like that ha ha. big ups anyway though geeser but just remember uk drum n bass/jungle thats where the foundations were built and we repp it strongest.

100% Agree mate, pendulum aint the biggest thing in dnb in uk at the mo! they never were. they got recognition for the tunes they put out in the beginning e.g. vault, another planet. now its just cheesy chart hit after cheesy chart hit!!
:weirdo:

They have made some good tunes but over the last few years they have been making tunes for a certain audience, people that aint into dnb and aint got a clue. Like already mentioned they are too commercial and there tunes are to cheesy.

You know how weak they are and what real dnb heads think about them, looks like you are just looking for a bit of an argument:applause:

I really don't think much good can come of this thread, you know it's just going to turn into a slanging match between various viewpoints. I'll be keeping an eye on it, if it turns sour I'll close it off.

My 2 cents: Pendulum have done an amazing job so far and I really hope they keep the momentum up. They're safe chaps and I wish them all the best. Being from the UK or Australia has nothing to do with anything.

dave n bass and gumby big big respect to u 2. nice to know your on the same page as everyone else. brilliant thread started by haggis though even if it is complete rubbish talk.

a girl at my work that listens to Keith Urban, Kiss Chasey, Panic at The Disco, Sneaky Sound System likes Pendulum....

do i really need to say more...?

Its cool i just wanted to see how many people would bite no ofence guys.
Its just a big thing for us over here from our small city we got a tallent like Pendulum.

Look on the good side its made drum and bass a bitt more world wide taking it more to the main stream.

Big up to everyone

alrite so australia u got pendulum, shockone and phetsta
whereas the uk got subfocus, ram trilogy matrix an futurebound, ed ruch an optical, the list gos on an on so what u on about mate!

So how does it feel UK people that the Australians are the biggest thing in Drum and Bass and thay are only going to get bigger.:mr_cool:

fair enough they have done alot for dnb but they are no way near the biggest thing
the have come into our scene from the side and not worked up through the ranks like every1 else in this country
they have also come in having made the transition from a rock band to dnb so they have a much more commercial viewpoint than most other producers have
the have jus spent 2006 in the wilderness because they couldn't agree a record deal with BBK, when was the last time anyone in drum and bass did that?
thier older stuff like vault & masochist are decent tunes, still worth a rinse and u gotta love the voodoo people remix but i gotta agree with every1 who has that thier new stuff is cheesy
finnally they are re-releasing hold your colour with another planet taken off and bloodsugar and axle grinder tagged on the end
thats just cheap and tacky, jus designed to line thier pockets with money

like i said they are a half decent act and might be the biggest drum and bass act in the uk charts but they are no where near the biggest thing in drum and bass

Back
Top Bottom