pendulum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickensarefun

:grrrrr: PENDULUM
i hate pendulum.
they have such a mainstream sound that so many people that wouldnt normally listen to drum and bass went out and bought HOLD YOUR COLOUR, this annoys me so much i have to shout at people when they still want to here "fasten your seatbelts" or "Slam" at a rave thinking they know a lot about drum and bass when really they should be asking to play Evol intent or Counterstrike.

other things i hate are drum and bass essentials, and other such like compilations because they ruin the tracks which r put on them and the same people who bought HOLD YOUR COLOUR seem to buy these compilations thinking they r dNb fans and that all the songs are by DJ HYPE
:grrrrr: :grrrrr: :grrrrr: :grrrrr:
anyone else have this pet hate ?

Great first post.

I like Pendulum, and I also like Evol Intent / Counterstrike :)

:violin:

I want to hear 'Fasten Your Seatbelts'!
;)

What's the problem with people wanting to dance to something they like?

DnB's always been a very diverse and inclusive genre / scene / whatever, and all the better for it.

There are plenty on here who don't like Pendulum or Hype and think both are too mainstream / sell too many records etc, there's also plenty who know Pendulum tracks send dancefloors mental...

vault, back to you,voyager,bacteria rmx and tonite rmx are the only tunes i like and with them tunes theyve proved or at least r swires proved there one of the best producers in the scene , theyve turned the scene upside down in the last 3 years

chickensarefun said:
:grrrrr: PENDULUM
i hate pendulum.
they have such a mainstream sound that so many people that wouldnt normally listen to drum and bass went out and bought HOLD YOUR COLOUR, this annoys me so much i have to shout at people when they still want to here "fasten your seatbelts" or "Slam" at a rave thinking they know a lot about drum and bass when really they should be asking to play Evol intent or Counterstrike.

other things i hate are drum and bass essentials, and other such like compilations because they ruin the tracks which r put on them and the same people who bought HOLD YOUR COLOUR seem to buy these compilations thinking they r dNb fans and that all the songs are by DJ HYPE
:grrrrr: :grrrrr: :grrrrr: :grrrrr:
anyone else have this pet hate ?

Like them or not I'd put money on the fact that you went mental when you first heard Vault in a club, if so remember them for this not the stuff you don't like.

Come on man positivity this isn't dogsonacid for gods sake :teeth:

checkmabadself said:
Like them or not I'd put money on the fact that you went mental when you first heard Vault in a club, if so remember them for this not the stuff you don't like.

Come on man positivity this isn't dogsonacid for gods sake :teeth:

:-x o_O :saber: :sniper: :rofl:

oh wait, this isn't DOA?????

D BREAKNECK said:
DnB's always been a very diverse and inclusive genre / scene / whatever, and all the better for it.

There are plenty on here who don't like Pendulum or Hype and think both are too mainstream / sell too many records etc, there's also plenty who know Pendulum tracks send dancefloors mental...

Amen to that, brotha. (y)

I can see where you're coming from I guess.

I think it's more the Zane Lowe heads that think pendulum = drum and bass.

Dustek said:
Keep the hating to doa... unless its Escape From Planet Monday hating :)
I didn't mind Fresh' LP, could have been much worse (y) :teeth:

sdm said:

Always the diplomat!!!
You're too nice SDM!!!
:teeth:
Tbh i think that anyone who achieves success in the charts etc with such heavy and tough tunes and equally crazy production........ Fair play to em!!!
After all do we not remember the terrible "Shake your Body"/"Bodyrock" scene that was created by those huge chunks o cheese.
I think Pendulum have actually managed to get a lot of people who did not know D+B to know what D+B actually is like, rather than the cheese half tough half pop bollox like "S. Y. B"
"Shake oyur body" = :weakest:

wowzer! nice to see a proper debate without it going tits up and people trying to kill each other through screens! i'm not that big a pend fan but i still like most of their stuff.

its like i said bout busted....they may have been a bit poop but they got people playing guitars again!

Dj_Fozzybear said:
Always the diplomat!!!
You're too nice SDM!!!
Tbh i think that anyone who achieves success in the charts etc with such heavy and tough tunes and equally crazy production........ Fair play to em!!!
After all do we not remember the terrible "Shake your Body"/"Bodyrock" scene that was created by those huge chunks o cheese.
I think Pendulum have actually managed to get a lot of people who did not know D+B to know what D+B actually is like, rather than the cheese half tough half pop bollox like "S. Y. B"
Ha, I just like a lot of music.

I think 'Bodyrock' and 'Shake Ur Body' were hated because of their popularity. I remember people scrambling for promos when they first touched down, not to mention every DJ at Homelands playing 'Bodyrock' at the beginning or end of their set (crowd going mental each time).

I can understand people getting fed up with tunes (Gnarles Barkley anyone?), but slating a tune because it's done well is silly.

And yes, I don't mind Fresh' LP!

sdm said:
Ha, I just like a lot of music.

I think 'Bodyrock' and 'Shake Ur Body' were hated because of their popularity. I remember people scrambling for promos when they first touched down, not to mention every DJ at Homelands playing 'Bodyrock' at the beginning or end of their set (crowd going mental each time).

I can understand people getting fed up with tunes (Gnarles Barkley anyone?), but slating a tune because it's done well is silly.

And yes, I don't mind Fresh' LP!
one day someone will hit a nerve and sdm will go mental! ;) :teeth:

Last edited:
sdm said:

Immortal, Babylon Rising, Jazz & X Project = nice.

The rest is :shittin: Maybe I'm so nasty because I was expecting something a lot better.

The Freestylers are doing something with Pendulum = I love the blending of dnb & breaks. Basslines and breaks are excellent at 140 and at 170 bpm.

Dj_Fozzybear said:
Always the diplomat!!!
You're too nice SDM!!!
sdm's so firmly on the fence he's got piles innit :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom