pendulum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like pendulum. i can see your point but, if it's getting more people gradually aware of dnb, that can only be a good thing, right? pendulum are a starting point - then people will move on past the mainstream and discover things they really dig for themselves. i guess it's the same with any genre of music.

Dustek said:
Immortal, Babylon Rising, Jazz & X Project = nice.

The rest is :shittin: Maybe I'm so nasty because I was expecting something a lot better.

The Freestylers are doing something with Pendulum = I love the blending of dnb & breaks. Basslines and breaks are excellent at 140 and at 170 bpm.
:withstupi
i fucking lov it:jacko:

soundgirl said:
i like pendulum. i can see your point but, if it's getting more people gradually aware of dnb, that can only be a good thing, right? pendulum are a starting point - then people will move on past the mainstream and discover things they really dig for themselves. i guess it's the same with any genre of music.

This sums it up.

Don't get mad about the Fresh & Pendulum (and to a lesser degree my mortal DnB enemy Baron), it is intended to boost numbers and draw people in. How else is the scene gonna grow. A stranger walking by a DnB room on his first night partying like won't drop his jaw at Evol Intent, but will stop to enjoy the Bodyrock's, tarantula's and the Slam's.

If pendulum are getting so many people into dnb why are they only playing 'planet pendulum' sets now... where they only play pendulum tunes?

Because:

1.They do more than just 'dnb' and have lots of their own music.

2. they started out as a band wayback...playing their own tunes.

3.Because they can, years of DJing DnB worldwide has proven them as trusted DnB DJs, and maybe they want to 'EXPERIMENT & PROGRESS' (3 words for all DJs and producers to remember).

4. No other producers @ playing DJ sets @ Breakneck have been as concerned to check that their set wasn't being recorded as Pendulum...
Because they bring the new music.

5. If you do say 'Pendulum sold out', tell me what you've done for current DnB...Who did most?

Also, I get fed up with these regular 'Oh! 'Pendulum, sold some records / made people dance / got played on the Radio, sold out' threads'...

They don't prove to anyone that u's a Introspective Darkside Junglist Soldier Baadman, Blad, trus me now.:rolleyes:

Did Roni Size sell out for winning the Mercury?

rant over...:sadbana:

Last edited:
I am quite fond of Pendulum, partly because I am happy for their success, and mostly cause I fuckin LOVE hearing their tunes in clubs. I'm not into all their tunes (Blood Sugar for eg.) but so what, I'm not into everything Dillinja, Photek, Goldie, or insert-original-junglist-name-here has made either.

boo hoo if you dont like em, stick to what you do like.

by the way, Bodyrock still fuckin rules, you guys got way too affected by it going top 40 over there.

:word:

it reminds me of being 14 and pretending you didn't like a song or band beacuse they weren't 'cool'. at the end of the day pretty much every dnb head i've met is a geek....sorry :cool:

if obsessing over records, creaming your pants over new releases, and actually liking to know what the fuck you're talking about makes you a geek, then rock the fuck on. for a lot of people, i guess it's a way of life. :twitchy:

Bodyrock still rocks UK club wise...

More and more I think the whole 'sell out' labelling thing on forums applies only to people who don't get ever get out to clubs, and hear the music -

BEING PLAYED BY A DJ ON A GOOD QUALITY LOUD SOUND SYSTEM

a downloaded MP3 on an iPod really isn't the same thing...

Equally to HYPE productions and vinyl releases if u like his thing...Which many do...

(sorry if you're offended...but Truth is truth)

soundgirl said:
if obsessing over records, creaming your pants over new releases, and actually liking to know what the fuck you're talking about makes you a geek, then rock the fuck on. for a lot of people, i guess it's a way of life. :twitchy:
GEEK CREW UNITE....:nuke: :dutty: :shit_happ :dutty: :banana: :mad: :who_wants :gimp: :respekt: :respekt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom