DnB Pendulum

So Pendulum return? Something to be excited about or are we gonna get some amazingly well produced cheese?

I'd like to think they are gonna do something to please fans of all areas of drum & bass.

Would also love to see a Pendulum and Bad Company collaboration seeing as they have both reformed and are two groups which have had a massive influence on dnb.

So Pendulum return? Something to be excited about or are we gonna get some amazingly well produced cheese?

I'd like to think they are gonna do something to please fans of all areas of drum & bass.

Would also love to see a Pendulum and Bad Company collaboration seeing as they have both reformed and are two groups which have had a massive influence on dnb.

I thought they were getting back together just for a concert, not to make new music.

To be fair though, all they've announced so far is a concert with chance of a tour.

I think eventually we will get new Pendulum music but I don't hold high hopes for it as they were pushing towards that horrible 'EDM' (as much as I didn't want to use that term) sound with Immersion so anything new from them will probably be an evolution of that.

Woah, that Ultra line up is amazing and represents everything of how great dance music has become.

It´s a good thing it has left those shady clubs and has now become the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

MrBurns1.gif

Pendulum made a handful of good tunes in 2003 - 2005 and then made loads of terrible shite for the following 10 years, what are the chances of them now making even anything resembling a good drum & bass tune?

If you like vocal music and some rock sounds and you use this forum you almost can't go wrong with Pendulum. Maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia and the fact that their music is what put me on the path to listening to the stuff we discuss here, but I don't notice any cheap or commercial sounds in their music. It's just not pure drum and bass and does have wider appeal than most other dnb.

If you like vocal music and some rock sounds and you use this forum you almost can't go wrong with Pendulum. Maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia and the fact that their music is what put me on the path to listening to the stuff we discuss here, but I don't notice any cheap or commercial sounds in their music. It's just not pure drum and bass and does have wider appeal than most other dnb.
Yeah to be honest I still have a lot of nostalgia for their first two albums. In Silico is what got me onto dnb, but Hold Your Colour is far and away their best album. I hope they will make something that goes back to those days but really, they're a stadium rock band now pretty much. They're gonna make stadium music.

I was one of those people who only ended up owning a copy of Vault because of the Usual Suspects tune on the same EP, but sure if they want to dip their toes back in the water then fair play to them.

I was one of those people who only ended up owning a copy of Vault because of the Usual Suspects tune on the same EP, but sure if they want to dip their toes back in the water then fair play to them.

That usual suspects tune was big! I fucking loved vault though. Admittedly my love for their music rapidly went downhill but I think they started well.

They made what they made because they wanted the mainstream / commercial success. I remember it all coming out that they used the scene as springboard etc.

Don't forget these guy know their shit when it comes to D&B. It's not just somebody that heard it on Nick Grimshaw and went on a mission to seek more.

Vault was huge because it was the best Bad Company tune in ages and it managed to do successfully what nothing on the Shot Down On Safari LP had managed to do. It was cheesy, it was massive, it had a roaring bassline and a big melodic lead and it basically knocked Bad Company off their perch as the leaders and innovators of that big room stadium sound.

I remember the excitement about it at the time - there were white label copies on German EBay going for upwards of 100 euro the week before the full release.

To be fair though, all they've announced so far is a concert with chance of a tour.

I think eventually we will get new Pendulum music but I don't hold high hopes for it as they were pushing towards that horrible 'EDM' (as much as I didn't want to use that term) sound with Immersion so anything new from them will probably be an evolution of that.

I think so too.
If they want to come back with the live shows, new music will be probably an evolution of Immersion.
More emo dnbXrock music, some KP influenced tunes, maybe some slam sounding not very exciting clones for old fans like salt in the wounds.
On the other hand they can suprise us with something fresh and new, or fresh and old :). It would be great then.

Like them or not, they are a game changers, HYC and all tunes before the LP are essential and fucking great, at least I think so.
When they first started to play live (before in silico) it sounded massive too.

In silico and immersion, hmmm, some tunes I like, some I don't, I have a problem with Rob's voice and lyrics, very often I find it too kitschy.
For example The Tempest, amazing track, but this vocals, eeeeeeeh, they should release instrumentals as well.

Of course it all depends on your taste. Simple as that.

Anyway, I am more excited for the new BCUK!

Back
Top Bottom