Pendulum - Slam

charlie89

Does anyone know if the extended mix of Slam was ever released? The one with the 'real mean killing and the wrong guy died they buried his body but his soul survived' intro?

THIS.

incredible how many shit threads get posted up in here.

Incredible that you post in those shit threads to keep them at the top of the page. I was listening to Andy's set from innovation in the sun05 and he intro's with it so thought i would ask if it was about that is all. Put aside Pendulum's recent dickhead attitude towards dnb they did produce some awesome tunes back in the day

To me it's a very very dated sound, in its time I'll admit it was a cool tune, but just don't think it'd do any real damage in today's scene.

Also, op is a fag.

they did produce some awesome tunes back in the day

I'm not doubting that.
to be honest noob, I dont give a shit about bumping threads to the top in this part of the forum, there isn't much decent stuff in it...& I am more than entitled to my opinion and there you have it.

If your listening to a set that is 6-7 years old, do you really think people are going to give a flying shit about what Andy opens with? I think most of the people on here are more interested what he will open with TONIGHT. history in the making, yet your banging on about a sound that is very old and dated

My advice to you, listen to Andy /W SP:MC at Playaz 05...the tune he opens with is much much much more sought after than any Pendulum tune, its still not released and that was 7 years ago!

It was an incredibly cheesy tune that turned a large portion of drum and bass into even worse clones of it during the years to come, you really have to hand it to Rob Swire, for someone who clearly dislikes nearly everything about drum and bass in its traditional sense, and probably has done for a long time (the passion for real dnb clearly came from El Hornet), he came in and had the majority of the music watching and aping everything he did. Talented musician and next level audio engineer.

I'm not doubting that.
to be honest noob, I dont give a shit about bumping threads to the top in this part of the forum, there isn't much decent stuff in it...& I am more than entitled to my opinion and there you have it.

If your listening to a set that is 6-7 years old, do you really think people are going to give a flying shit about what Andy opens with? I think most of the people on here are more interested what he will open with TONIGHT. history in the making, yet your banging on about a sound that is very old and dated

My advice to you, listen to Andy /W SP:MC at Playaz 05...the tune he opens with is much much much more sought after than any Pendulum tune, its still not released and that was 7 years ago!

Helmet!!

I'm not doubting that.

Thanks for the sound advice mate. Im surprised your going tonight though as im sure Andy will be dropping a few tunes from 6-7 years ago which are clearly 'old and dated' and not to your taste. Maybe you should stand at the back for quick exit when they drop.

slam is such a cheesy tune. it's dead and bueried and i don't think andy will be dropping that shit.....nobody drops that. some tunes like the nine, alien girl, turbulence etc are classics and they will not die. clearly it's not the case with slam.

I'm all for expressing opinions and shit, but everyone's different taste so is it really necessary to rant about a person asking for a tune you do not rate? You could save yourself the trouble (and save OP the trouble as well) and ignore the thread. I'm sure there's a few people who like Slam and would be able to answer his question. If not, so be it. No need to take over the thread with your disapproval me thinks :)

I'm all for expressing opinions and shit, but everyone's different taste so is it really necessary to rant about a person asking for a tune you do not rate? You could save yourself the trouble (and save OP the trouble as well) and ignore the thread. I'm sure there's a few people who like Slam and would be able to answer his question. If not, so be it. No need to take over the thread with your disapproval me thinks :)

This!

No need for all the hate at all

I remember seeing andy c at matter and soem girl was trying to get him to play slam by showing her phone. he looked at it and just smirked. he didnt play the tune. As people say its dated for sure, when it came out it was big but its one of the ones i cant stand anymore. however hold your colour as an album is still one of the best made imo

Back
Top Bottom